Vulnerability Management Lead
At Monzo we’re aiming to build the best bank in the world. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative people who want to help us accomplish that goal. We want our bank to be safe and secure for our customers, so security is very important to us.
Security at Monzo
We are looking for a proactive, technically-minded and organised Vulnerability Management Lead to join our Information Security team in the bank’s 1st line of defence which has the ownership, responsibility and accountability for directly assessing, controlling and managing risk.
The team is part of Monzo’s Security team which has a wide range of responsibilities, from infrastructure security to application and information security.
You will be working directly with the engineers who are building our platform (rather than in a stand-alone compliance team.
As a bank, we are solving diverse, novel problems to ensure that our customers and data are secure, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on that.
One of the guiding principles of security at Monzo is that security at the expense of user experience is a last resort. We aim to move mountains in the background such that we can build world-class features without compromising on security.
- Own, define and build the end-to-end Vulnerability Management function at Monzo.
- Outline the short and long term strategy for VM at Monzo including technology, people and processes required to support your vision
- Help Monzo manage its technical vulnerabilities across all systems within our risk appetite and make sure we meet our regulatory requirements
- Bring innovative and cutting edge insights to Monzo on the latest ways to manage and deal with technical vulnerabilities.
- Work across the company with teams like Risk & Compliance design controls, deliver management information (KRIs) and mitigate risk including working with governance committees like the Security Council and reporting to the Board.
You should apply if:
- You have a strong background in VM in a commercial environment, preferably a tech company.
- You are comfortable working autonomously and can build a VM function from the ground up
- You have previously developed and delivered innovative VM solutions throughout a commercial environment;
- You have experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation;
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- This can be based in our new London office or remote in the UK. Everyone will work remotely until we re-open our offices.
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.