Sr. Security Engineer - Threat Detection
Posted 1 month ago
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Highlight of Role and Responsibilities:
- Build and refine threat detection process utilizing Snowflake’s inhouse data Cloud Platform
- Build engineering rules that combine multiple data sources to create high fidelity alerting and detections
- Enhance detection engineering process to help build threat detection at scale
- Work with cross functional teams and support Incident Response teams during high impact investigations
- Perform gap assessment to identify tooling and improve detection strategy
- Leading a culture of excellence while teaching and mentoring more junior engineers
- 8+ years experience in threat detection, threat hunting or intrusion analyst role
- Experience building detection rules analyzing large data sets to detect malicious activity across range of detection scenarios
- Good working knowledge of SQL and one programming language (Python is preferred)
- In-depth understanding of Cloud and SaaS technologies and know the way around detecting threats in multiple Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure and Google Cloud)
- Experience working at scale, understanding attacker methods and technologies
- Capable of working with cross functional teams across security to help scale detection engineering
- Demonstrated experience of Information Security process and technologies
- Capable of consistently engaging team with clear and concise communication
- Capable of performing reliably consistent work with high quality and throughput
- Preferred certifications - GCIH, GCIA, GCTI, CISSP
About the Threat Detection Team:
The Threat Detection team at Snowflake operates with a vision of detecting threats based on data decisions and positions Snowflake as a leader in the detection space. Our mission is to design, build, maintain and support detection controls to identify threats at early stages before they could impact the business. Come join this exemplary Organization which will foster innovation with a security mindset.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?