Technical Writer - Incident Response
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
OVERVIEW: Are you looking for an ambitious new work environment to test & enhance your skills? Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Are you interested in joining an amazing technical team?
phia LLC is seeking a highly skilled Technical Writer in support of an Incident Response (IR) team within our client's Corporate Information Security Office (CISO). This position is located in Morrisville, NC with full remote work during the pandemic. You must live within a commutable distance or be willing to eventually relocate.
You will be working with the Incident Response (IR) Team to:
- Engage and collaborate to address content gaps, respond to direct stakeholder feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience.
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation.
- Work closely with content strategists, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation in support of Cybersecurity focused activities.
- Work Closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), engineering and operational project teams, end users and other stakeholders to create and maintain high quality documentation including executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Training Plans.
- Ability to document and memorialize meetings minutes and action items.
- Obtain and organize input from technical staff, commercial advisories/notices, government information products, reviewer comments, and other sources.
- Draft, coordinate review, and publish advisories, technical bulletins and analysis reports based on inputs from technical sources. Assist with identifying, analyzing, coordinating, and publishing timely relevant cyber-related content.
- Post and maintain content in document repositories and knowledge management systems.
- Maintain the organization’s communications plan; communicate the plan with internal and external partners, and support its execution.
- Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills, both oral and written, with excellent interpersonal and organization skills along with the ability to succeed with remote management.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 10 years related work experience post high school.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in technical writing.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust or higher, Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge of MS Office products.
- Strong communications and technical writing skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously.
- Familiarity with Incident Response, malware analysis, or cyber intelligence.
- SharePoint experience.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core Hours (8 am-5 pm; start/end time flexible)
TRAVEL: None Expected
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: This position is located in Morrisville, NC with full remote work during the pandemic. You must live within a commutable distance or be willing to eventually relocate.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Ability to obtain Public Trust or higher, Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Short Term & Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
· Parking Reimbursement