Product Security Engineer (Application Security)
Seattle, WA / Scottsdale, AZ / Remote, US
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will help us enhance and implement secure coding practices for our current Axon product family as well as new products currently under design. You will help select and build advanced tooling to help the dev teams write secure code without destroying their flow. You will instrumentally be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of code security to ensure we build the most secure product possible.
- Be a critical resource for our engineering teams on all manner of security matters
- Work side-by-side with developers and project managers alike while addressing security concerns
- Make architectural decisions critical to our products
- Survey the backlog of projects, prioritize appropriately, and shepherd solutions through with persistence
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Software engineering background; with a current focus on secure application development
- Great at finding ways to break applications AND assisting dev teams in securing threats
- Deep understanding of common application flaws, and how to fix them
- Fluent in application attack tools and methodologies
- Ability to think creatively about potential attack vectors and propose creative solutions on the fly
- Experience automating security tests into the development process
- Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of common authentication and authorization methodologies
- Passionate about security; involved in the application security community
- Experience teaching secure code practices; in 1:1 situations or to large teams
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) firmware security challenges
- Experience with DevOps processes in a Cloud/SaaS environment
- Experience with secure mobile device development and mobile app pen testing
- Experience with operating static and dynamic security scanning tools
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tags: Architecture, C, Cryptography, Go, Scala, Kubernetes, Mobile Security, Vulnerability Management, Strategy, Code Analysis