Threat Intelligence Analyst - Cybercrime and Underground Intelligence
This Role: The Cybercrime and Underground Intelligence Team focuses on investigating financially motivated threat actors and activities as well as threats such as hacktivism and non-nation state extremism. You will support the team by focusing on research and analysis of underground sources such as forums, shops, market places, social media, and secure communication channels. You will also help identify sources, maintain persistence on those sources, and interact with threat actors to obtain information not publicly available. You will be engaged in both proactive research and in responding to requests from clients related to the dark web.
What you'll do:
- Research, track, and author reports on cybercriminal threat actors, tools, campaigns, and sources.
- Track hacktivist, extremists, and other malicious actors operating on social media and the dark web.
- Gain access to dark web resources such as forums, shops, markets, and secure chat services.
- Work with our data science team to create and maintain scraping accounts on dark web sources.
- Answer RFIs submitted by clients in a timely manner.
- Identify and publish threat leads on new and emerging threats to our clients and the general public.
- Work with multiple internal teams on cross-team research on topics such as malware, nation-state threat actors, and geopolitical threats and events.
- Assist in curating collected data in the Recorded Future platform.
- Present Recorded Future research at conferences and events.
- Communicate with clients to present research findings, get feedback, and answer questions.
What you'll bring (required):
- Experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in a similar position.
- Experience securely operating covert personas on dark web resources.
- Demonstrably strong intelligence writing skills, techniques, and methodologies
- Knowledge of cybercriminal terminology and concepts.
- Understanding of hacktivist and extremist ideologies, topics, and tools used for communication.
- Understanding of fraud, money laundering, and related topics.
- Understanding of geopolitical landscape in the Asia Pacific region.
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence cycles, and open-source intelligence gathering techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the team and with other Recorded Future employees.
- Ability to work with tight timelines on occasion.
Highly Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Professional fluency in reading Mandarin, or southeast Asian languages.
- Familiarity with underground slang used in Chinese language and dark web sources.
- Experience with or knowledge of scripting languages (ex. Python).
- Private Investigator License in Singapore or ability to get license.
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.