Cyber Security Analyst
London, England, United Kingdom
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our growing cyber security function.
As a member of the Starling cyber security team, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest cyber security professionals to protect Starling customer and company information assets and systems using the latest technologies and techniques.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Identification, quantifying and tracking of cyber security risks across the organisation.
- Triage and management of information security events including, where necessary, participation in security incident management.
- Gathering and analysing cyber threat intelligence to identify relevant emerging risks.
- Security administration and auditing of privileged systems access.
- Development and maintenance of security processes and procedures.
- Participation in the evaluation and piloting of security products and services.
- Participation in the creation, maintenance and implementation of security policies and standards.
- A genuine desire to become a part of a technically strong security team.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Self motivation and willingness to learn.
- Good basic technical IT knowledge.
- A pragmatic and hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Basic networking and associated protocol knowledge.
- A high level understanding of mobile, network and operating system security controls.
- Experience of performing information/cyber security reviews and/or audits.
- Any experience of programming in Python, Go an/or Java.
- A Cyber/Information Security related degree and/or relevant cyber security qualification(s).
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.