Senior Application Security Engineer
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR APPLICATION SECURITY ENGINEER
SpaceX is seeking technical, passionate engineers to build security solutions for some of the world’s most advanced technologies including: rockets, satellite constellations, ISP platforms, ground stations, and communication networks. We are looking for people who see the big picture, prioritize accordingly, and are comfortable with working at different levels of abstraction, and with a wide variety of technology.
Ideally, you will have notable skills in one or more of the following: web application security, software engineering, mobile app security, or network security. Being flexible, communicating clearly, and establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with other engineering teams are paramount to success. If you love using your technical skills to solve challenging problems and want to make a great impact, then join SpaceX to be among the first to secure some of the world’s most innovative technologies.
- Lead security reviews of web and mobile applications
- Work with software engineering teams to design security into cloud application architectures
- Act as an attacker to demonstrate impact and discover vulnerabilities in our infrastructure and applications
- Drive effective remediation of security issues
- Build security tooling for the development lifecycle
- Develop and deploy tools to assist in modeling, analysis, detection, and prevention of security threats in production systems
- Design and implement systems to protect customer data
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an engineering or technical discipline and 4+ years of software security experience, or 6+ years of software security experience without a degree
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for websites
- Experience identifying and exploiting vulnerabilities in websites
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols, especially TLS and HTTP
- Ability to analyze and design secure network architecture and communications protocols
- Experience in navigating large, complex, interactive and/or distributed systems
- Experience with automating vulnerability discovery techniques
- Experience reviewing changes to complex codebases for security issues
- Experience contributing security improvements to complex codebases
- Able to work on their own with little supervision, in a team, and with other teams and their processes
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and teams
- Desire and ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.