Security Engineer Intern
Denver CO, Miami FL or remote
We are looking for a Security Engineer Intern to join our fast-growing HQ in Berlin.
hear.com is the fastest-growing audiology care company ever and a profitable global HealthTech with origins in Europe. We are driven by our belief that every person should hear well to live well. With our unique digital business model, we have changed the way hearing care is provided.
Since starting our journey in 2012, we have helped over 100,000 customers get on the path to better hearing. In just 7 years we have grown our team from 2 to over 1,500 people. We work hard and play hard in 11 international locations from Denver to Seoul.
Join us now, as we are shaping this fascinating consumer healthcare space!
As a security intern you will be transforming the enterprise IT and cloud security to an automated and continuous level. The role presents a unique exposure to a broad range of technologies and deployment models in a HealthTech setting.
About the job:
- Develop security tooling and automation to identify security risks and promote remediation efforts for code defects at scale
- Interpret requirements into technical deliverables
- Validate existing automation and monitoring mechanisms, and plan for improvements
- Work with DevOps tools such as Gitlab, Docker containers, etc. to deploy cloud-based applications
- Develop automation to improve security detection and prevention capabilities
- Proficiency in one of more of the following programming languages: Python, GO, NodeJS, Ruby, Java
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Software development experience, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- On track for Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, or related field
- Work collaboratively within a group, across myriad divisions / functions, and as an independent contributor
- Prioritize communication that can create compelling stories for team members and managers
- Driven to overcome obstacles and execute on objectives
- Change lives… see the real world impact of what you do (this is the best part) !!
- A chance to shape the future of a health-technology leader
- A unique content-driven, top-performing and family-type work culture
- A high degree of autonomy and responsibility from day one
- An open-minded and international working environment that fosters creativity