Jr. Security SOC Analyst
Pleasanton, California, United States
Founded in 2001, WaveStrong is an industry leader in enterprise and cloud information security consulting services. We pride ourselves on our best of breed security solutions and services that span a myriad of government, education and business verticals. Our staff is comprised of both certified technical and business professionals who can help you successfully navigate complexities of planning, design, implementation and management of securing data. Our approach is vendor agnostic giving our customers the freedom to choose the best customized security model for their business.
- Responsible for working in a 24x7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- 2 plus years experience in the security domain
- SIEM experience in a security environment.
- Perform security monitoring and incident response of cyber security events for proper determination of being considered a cybersecurity event.
- Optimize and tune security monitoring and detection rules and thresholds to improve fidelity of alerts
- Produce security concern writeups and recommendations for clients on mitigating cybersecurity events.
- Interpreting and acting on results from various security technologies including SIEM, IDS/IPS, Endpoint Solutions, DLP, etc.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall Solutions, Offensive Security tools)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- Must be able to be adaptable, focused, accountable, and helpful
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge