Boulder, Colorado, US
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Federal Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
- In this exciting role, you will be responsible for IBMs GBS clients analyzing business requirements to design engineer and implement the best security solutions for their needs.
- You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Information systems security engineering or architecture.
- Assist customers in developing and maintaining a secure Cybersecurity Baseline that meets RMF for DOD IT and other certifications and specifications.
- Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the accreditation package and store the artifacts in organizationally defined repository; i.e. system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory Interface & Ports Protocols and Services listing etc.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge in various scripting and programming languages (Java Perl R Python C++ etc.) a plus
- GIAC and/or other security certifications preferred but not required
- Clearance: Active DoD Secret
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program which may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation, Short-term Disability (STD), Long-term Disability (LTD), parental bonding leave, paid care leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program, Special Care for Children Assistance Plan (SCCAP), life insurance, IBM 401(k) Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture C Clearance Compliance GIAC Java Perl Python Strategy
Job region(s): North America