QA Engineer - Malware Analysis Solution
Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia
ReversingLabs was founded in 2009 with the mission of offering organizations the ultimate in threat detection solutions. In 2017, we were honored to receive the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award for our truly unique, automated, and scalable static file analysis, malware classification and malware hunting technologies. Our pioneering technologies, exceptional products, and successful customer deployments also drove a $25 million investment in ReversingLabs, backed by some of the savviest investors in the world. With our center of development excellence located in Zagreb, and offices in the United States and Switzerland, ReversingLabs is poised to achieve rapid growth and deliver groundbreaking innovation in 2021.
You will be a part of the Quality Assurance team tasked with testing TitaniumCore, the most advanced static analysis engine in the world. This highly modular static analysis engine identifies file types, extracts content, and validates and classifies files. We inspect archives, firmware, installation packages, documents, emails, desktop, as well as mobile and web applications.
As part of our Quality Assurance team, you will work with the development team to implement important features that bring vital information to our customers: security researchers and incident responders. You will help ensure high quality of our products, with focus on accuracy, performance, and ease of use. This will involve understanding the problem, designing test cases, and creating tools and scripts to assist in testing.
Together, we will improve the quality of our products and services by assessing problems and brainstorming solutions to ensure the delivered products are meeting both functional and technical requirements. The team is heavily invested in improving these key aspects while responding to the ever-changing threat landscape.
- Work together with experienced developers, threat analysts and QA engineers
- Develop and execute manual, exploratory, performance and automated tests in order to ensure product quality
- Estimate, plan, and document test cases (using TestRail), and coordinate testing activities
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our issue tracking system (Jira)
- Develop automated tests wherever possible to improve the CI/CD pipeline
- Perform tests in virtual and cross-platform environments
- Actively participate in team-related activities, brainstorming sessions, and improve the QA team capabilities
- Proficient in developing, documenting and executing test cases
- Experience with Python (preferred) or other OO programming language
- Outstanding problem-solving, debugging, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team and a “can-do” attitude
- Good knowledge of English language
- Working experience with GNU/Linux OS
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with software development in C++
- Experience with parsing file formats or network protocols
- Experience with cryptography and compression
- Strong interest in security
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible working hours and great work-life balance
- Opportunities for education and personal growth
- Challenging projects in an international environment
- Personal improvement through attending leading conferences and seminars in the field