2021 Summer Internship: Software Engineering - Cyber Security
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
At Argo AI, we view internships as an incredibly valuable part of our culture and of our recruiting pipeline. It’s our opportunity to see you in action in a way that is far more informative than an interview. For you, it is an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and character in a real world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional development while learning something new and contributing to Argo AI’s effort to change the world.
Every intern will be paired with a senior member of our staff who will provide guidance and mentorship for the duration of the internship. Interns are considered contributing members of our project teams and participate in project meetings. So join us* for a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, a fun work environment, and community-building!
Meet the team:
As a cyber security intern, you will serve as a core member of the Cyber Security team focusing on IT, cloud security, secure SDLC, and product security challenges. This includes the interpretation and implementation of cyber security best practices for all Argo AI systems and processes. You will be in a position to assist in securing the technology assets and autonomous vehicle platform of Argo AI. We are not just looking to apply existing cyber security practices, but we want our cyber security to advance the state of the practice!
What you’ll do:
- Learn and implement Argo AI’s information security strategy including growing and maintaining security standards and best practices for the organization
- Learn threat modeling techniques and perform threat and risk assessments of our source code repository and cloud environments
- Learn to configure tools to protect Argo AI’s sensitive information, intellectual property, and corporate assets. - specifically writing code for User Behavior Analytics with our SIEM
- Contribute to and participate in Argo AI’s incident response planning and testing
- Work as part of a team that responds to cyber security events and incidents
- Develop remediations for findings from periodic scans of Argo AI’s networks and systems
What you'll need to succeed:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree. Must be enrolled in a full time degree program at the time of the internship and for the semester following the internship (Fall 2021)
- Note: At this time, Argo AI is only able to support remote internships in the following states: CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA.
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructures including AWS, Azure or GCP
- Familiarity with cyber security standards and frameworks like ISO 27001, NIST CSF, or CIS Top 20
- Familiarity with concepts of monitoring and endpoint protection
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Open-minded, creative thinking
- Ability to operate effectively in a team and as an individual contributor
- Someone who wants to have FUN in cyber security
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.