Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. We are looking for detail-oriented, highly organized Pentest Architect to help the Cobalt.io Pentest Operations team continue to scale and deliver high quality, timely penetration tests to our customers. Ideal candidates have experience working with or working as a professional penetration tester and aren’t afraid to get technical with some of the world's most talented security pentesters. You possess an impeccable attention to detail - with both the technical acuity to articulate both actual and perceived risk as well as an uncanny ability to ensure uniform, yet visually stimulating formatting to penetration testing deliverables.
What You Would Do
- Provide insight to help shape how we deliver pentests.
- Innovate and collaborate with our product teams to enhance our platform.
- Guide the technical direction of the PenOps team.
- Define and be the gatekeeper of quality for all deliverables. From technical accuracy to ensuring clear risk articulation and practical remediation guidance.
- Push the boundaries of the traditional “report” by continuously improving security metrics, reporting templates, and other opportunities to enhance Cobalt's penetration test reports.
- Monitoring the delivery of active penetration tests from kickoff to report delivery and retest - ensuring customer and pentester needs are being met.
- Escalate or immediately remove obstacles that arise during testing - ensuring swift resolution and smooth restoration of testing activity and customer satisfaction.
- Assemble and schedule the strongest teams from the Cobalt Community to deliver pentesting as a service engagements.
- Maintaining a healthy feedback loop with Core Community managers to help grow and up-level our pentesters
- Partnering with Customer Success Managers to improve the client lifecycle experience
You Must Have
- 3 - 5+ years of relevant experience conducting penetration tests across various technologies and methodologies
- Consulting mindset / operates with a sense of urgency
- Customer first mentality, we succeed when they succeed
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred but not required
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off, flexible work from home & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid lunch 3x/week
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)