Cloud Security Operations SME
We are seeking an experienced professional with technical expertise, information assurance experience, and customer engagement skills to perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Cloud Security Operations (SecOps). The Cloud SecOps SME will serve within an enterprise Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) and help steer enterprise cloud security strategy and organizational migration to a secure cloud operating posture
- SecOps develops automated operations and is responsible for the design, development and support of all security services. Operational activities not automated by SecOps must be manually or semi-automatically operated by SecOps. The SecOps SME will be responsible for creating, configuring and maintaining:
- AWS Organizations Service Control Policies (SCP)
- Common AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) roles and policies.
- Reviewing all CCOE and business unit IAM roles and policies to ensure least privilege configuration.
- Reviewing all CCOE and business unit Security Groups to ensure least privilege configuration.
- Coordinating cloud environment access approval and review integration and operation with general agency access approval and review systems.
- Providing secure AWS Key Management Service (KMS) Customer Managed Keys (KMS) via a Crypto Officer role.
- Ensuring that appropriate Active Directory (AD) users are added to AD groups that permit federating into IAM roles.
- Secure remote access into the cloud environment.
- Threat protection and vulnerability management.
- Maintaining and securing cloud environment AWS root account credentials.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty certification.
- 3+ years of experience in a security operations role in an AWS environment.
- Must be a United States citizen and be willing and able to be adjudicated for a Public Trust position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers and in documentation. Ability to interface with seasoned Government personnel.
- Understanding of cloud security concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools.
- Experience working in a center of excellence or serving in a strategic advisory capacity on cloud security best practices.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.