Security Analyst, Detection and Response (Amsterdam)
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Analysts to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Security Analyst, Detection and Response, you are responsible for monitoring the security posture of Flexport information assets and investigating security events. You also proactively hunt for threats across our infrastructure, build new detection capabilities, and participate in security incident response in the EU region in collaboration with the global security team.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and respond to security events generated from security tooling and user reports.
- Proactively research known and emerging security threats, assess likelihood and impact of an incident, and develop new detection capabilities.
- Review the results of vulnerability scans and track remediation efforts.
- Perform security audits to identify coverage gaps, configuration drift, inappropriate access, or other deviations from standards and baselines.
- Administer endpoint security solutions that enable protection, detection, response and recovery capabilities (anti-malware, EDR, forensics, email and web security).
- Maintain incident response playbooks and participate in tabletop exercises to test their completeness.
- Provide security expertise and support for EU incident response teams.
- Develop knowledge base articles and train the support team on the triage of potential security incidents.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of progressive security and IT experience in a fast-paced global company.
- 3+ years of experience in security analytics and incident response.
- 2+ years of experience administering network, identity, and endpoint security tools.
- 2+ years of experience with SIEM, UEBA, and other security analytics technologies.
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows-based operating systems.
- Experience with osquery and/or familiarity with SQL syntax is desirable.
- Security certifications are desirable (e.g. GIAC, CompTIA, ISC(2))
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Culture & Values
- Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Atlanta, Seattle, and Chicago. Remote work is also possible from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA. As a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.