Asset Security Analyst Intern (2021) - Transit, Bikes & Scooters
Remote in U.S.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Security of our micromobiltiy assets is fundamental to Lyft’s multi-modal transportation model, and the Asset Security team is charged with identifying and mitigating vectors of loss. The Asset Security team is one of the most critical teams that helps protect Lyft’s capital assets and enables the company to grow its micro mobility line of business in a sustainable way. The team is fast-paced, high-energy, and meticulous in diagnosing emerging fraud patterns and physical loss vectors. We drill holes in all the products we launch and obsess over how to make our business impervious to theft and loss. The team conducts rigorous analyses of complex data sets and establishes multiple layers of theft and loss mitigations ranging from hardware hardening, evolution of fraud rules, firmware protections, enhanced asset recovery tooling/processes, and partnerships with local city partners. We are a highly cross-functional team and regularly engage in discussion and reviews with stakeholders to prioritize plans for reducing fraud impact and introducing safety features.
We’re looking for a rock-star intern to contribute to asset security related analysis and operations. This individual is responsible for investigating and developing solutions to prevent and mitigate loss of our assets and enhancing our asset recovery operations. This person will proactively identify loss patterns and sources to minimize the company’s exposure to financial and reputational risk.
This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused, and operations-savvy while ensuring the best possible customer experience. This individual possesses a high level of subject matter expertise and is experienced in utilizing information generated from fraud patterns, data analytics and business knowledge to identify insights and formulate a response plan. This person will work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Engineers to mitigate and eliminate all forms of loss. The individual will also work closely with operations teams to define efficient processes and systems to improve our asset recovery effectiveness and efficiency.Responsibilities:
- Leverage data analytics to identify key fraud trends that result in the the loss of Lyft’s capital assets
- Monitor high-risk transactions for common fraud trends to develop mitigation strategies
- Establish business cases and projected ROI on fraud rules to prioritize opportunities related to the theft and loss prevention program
- Evaluate fraud prevention strategies during pilot periods to measure effectiveness and peripheral impact to revenue/ridership
- Develop and manage asset recovery KPI metrics to monitor the performance of novel fraud rules
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science and Engineering to resolve identity issues and other escalations
- Deliver enhancements to Lyft theft and loss detection and mitigation, communicate and prioritize development in collaboration with product management and engineering teams
- Report overall status, primary business metrics, key issues and solution recommendations and plans to senior management and executives
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or relevant work experience preferred
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to query data and perform analysis
- Some experience across micro-mobility, logistics, e-commerce, operations, consulting or financial services industries. Fraud or Identity experience is a plus
- Have a bias towards action in resolving issues and perform in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide a high-level of detail in every action
- Be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Thrive in ambiguity and be open to feedback
- Tenacity to keep issues top of mind for all stakeholders and conviction to make the right decisions
- History of effectively working with multiple teams to build new capability and implement projects
- Effectively manage senior executive asks and provide written and verbal communication to them
- Strong time management skills
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.