Senior Application Security Engineer-UK
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform delivers comprehensive security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) within a single, integrated platform for rapid detection, response, and neutralization of threats. Built by security professionals for security professionals, LogRhythm enables security professionals at leading organizations like NASA, XcelEnergy, and Temple University to promote visibility for their cybersecurity program and reduce risk to their organization each and every day. LogRhythm is the only provider to earn the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for SIEM designation three years in a row.
Who we are looking for:
LogRhythm is seeking a Senior Application Security Engineer to assist our team in shipping secure products. This role will have a significant focus on penetration testing and remediation. You will help ensure that LogRhythm products adhere to corporate and product certification requirements, securing LogRhythm’s development and production environments, and protecting customer data.
You will perform application security assessments, penetration testing, threat modeling, and code reviews. You will also deliver security training for developers, and generally raise developer awareness of security best practices. You will work cross functionally with your peers in the engineering organization.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Perform manual and automated security assessments (e.g. pen testing, code reviews, vulnerability scanning, etc.) to drive measurable security improvements in LogRhythm’s products. Review assessment reports and coordinate with engineering to ensure findings are remediated.
- Assist in implementing automated DevSecOps practices into product CI/CD pipelines and cloud environments.
- Be an active participate in advocating for and improving security throughout the SDLC.
- Provide training and mentorship on secure coding best practices to engineering team members.
- Consult with development and operations teams to provide mentorship and recommend secure design patterns.
- Remain ahead of emerging and active threats: leverage pen testing tools, develop custom offensive and defensive tools, review and apply the latest security research / threat intelligence.
Required skills, background, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Application Security
- Experience with penetration testing web-based SaaS applications and systems operating out of Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Knowledge of application-level attacks and mitigation methods, with a thorough understanding of OWASP top 10.
- Knowledge of DAST, SAST, 3rd party dependency, and container image security scanning.
- Understanding of compliance standards and how they impact software products and cloud operations.
- General security and offensive security assessment certifications a plus: CISSP, CEH, OSCP, GPEN, etc.
- Contributions to the security community a plus: research papers, public CVEs, conference talks, open source, etc.
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.