Cyber Threat Hunt SME
The Cyber Threat Hunt SME supports a mission-critical federal government cybersecurity program. They contribute to a team of information assurance professionals working to improve the technical security posture of an enterprise network. The Hunt SME will utilize all available tools to root out cyber intrusions that have not been identified across the enterprise networks and assets. They must have expert knowledge of APT TTPs and have expert knowledge in at minimum of operating systems, networks, programming language, or tools, with strong knowledge of the others. Must be keenly familiar with emerging threats and technologies. Will be required to be inserted into unfamiliar environments where they will need to discover existing assets, map networks, familiarize themselves with operations, then conduct hunts with limited tools and capabilities. Must have strong oral and written skills to brief customers on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience. Additional experience may be considered in place of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Expert level experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Malware analysis / reverse engineering experience
- Exploit development
- Computer Network Exploitation
- On-net pursuit/response
- Experience with the following tools/concepts: Splunk, EDR, IDS/IPS, Case Management Tools, PCAP, NetFlow, SysMon, FireEye, ELK stack, xways, FTK, TCP/IP, Linux, Windows, Server, Kerberos, Threat Intelligence, Kill Chain, Diamond Model, ATT&CK
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Education: Master’s degree in a technical discipline
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.