Colorado Springs, CO
Dark Wolf Solutions is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer who is interested in working on complex cloud-based DevOps solutions. Our software engineers are asked to solve challenging problems for unique customers and have a direct impact on the direction of software products and solutions used by those customers. US Citizenship is required.
- Support the Discovery and Framing process and follow-on user interviews.
- Perform Test-Driven Development and agile methodologies.
- Ability to work on high performing teams; work independently as well as with team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Support infrastructure provisioning (Infrastructure as Code) and simulation configuration (Configuration as Code) (CaC/IaC)
- Able to troubleshoot issues to determine root-cause and drive to resolution
- Perform paired programming with members of engineering team (contractor and government).
- Refactor legacy applications into a 12-factor application SW architecture.
- Decompose legacy applications into a micro service architecture.
- Support the delivery of the application from an unclassified development environment to a classified staging and production environment on SIPR and other future domains.
- Support troubleshooting with other teams (i.e. staging and production environment hosts) throughout all stages of the continuous delivery process.
- Perform technical assessments of existing legacy SW, Commercial off-the shelf (COTS) SW and/or Government off-the Shelf (GOTS) SW and recommend a technical direction of the Product Team.
- Perform legacy application refactoring, modifying legacy application to become cloud native.
- Perform legacy application re-platforming, lifting and shifting legacy application into a PaaS.
- Build products from Discovery and Framework through iterative production and delivery.
- Plan and perform the work from a Prioritized Backlog of discrete, severable capabilities.
- Support writing and sizing of capabilities, features, and user stories in an increment based on the approved prioritization, and identify stretch goals (additional features/stories) for each Scrum Team per increment.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in full stack development to include Java, Web services, Database, and web application development.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following programming languages for developing APIs and RESTful services: Java, Python, C#, .NET.
- Ability to apply back-end development frameworks (e.g., Django, Spring, Grails)
- Experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Experience with pipeline automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible
- Demonstrated with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Git.
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews, observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story.
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices.
- DOD 8570/ 8140 IAT Level 2 Certification (CompTIA Security +, SSCP, CCNA Security) compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- US Citizenship and Possesses a TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience with web-server configuration and RESTful microservice development (UNIX OS; Windows Server; Nodejs).
- Experience with database integration (SQL, noSQL databases, database normalization, indexing technologies).
- Proven experience writing and building applications using a 12-factor application SW architecture, micro services, and API.
- Experience developing and deploying to AWS and C2S environments.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.