Principal Application Security Engineer
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform delivers comprehensive security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) within a single, integrated platform for rapid detection, response, and neutralization of threats. Built by security professionals for security professionals, LogRhythm enables security professionals at leading organizations like NASA, XcelEnergy, and Temple University to promote visibility for their cybersecurity program and reduce risk to their organization each and every day. LogRhythm is the only provider to earn the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for SIEM designation three years in a row.
Who we are looking for:
LogRhythm is seeking a Principal Application Security Engineer for the implementation and maintenance of application security architecture, infrastructure, and processes to align to our company and product needs. You will help ensure that LogRhythm products adhere to corporate and product certification requirements, securing LogRhythm’s development and production environments, and protecting customer data.
You will perform application security assessments, penetration testing, architecture reviews, threat modeling, and code reviews. You will also deliver security training for developers, and generally raise developer awareness of security best practices. You will work cross functionally with your peers in the engineering organization.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Perform manual and automated security assessments (e.g. pen testing, code reviews, vulnerability scanning, etc.) to drive measurable security improvements in LogRhythm’s products. Review assessment reports and coordinate with engineering to ensure findings are remediated.
- Partner with DevOps and other engineering team members to ensure code is secure before it goes into production. Design and implement automated DevSecOps practices into product CI/CD pipelines and cloud environments.
- Design and implement software changes to support alignment of LogRhythm’s products with compliance standards (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR, Privacy Shield, HIPAA, PCI, FedRAMP, CMMC, DISA APL, FIPS and Common Criteria, etc.).
- Be an active participate in advocating for and improving security throughout the SDLC.
- Provide training and mentorship on secure coding best practices to engineering team members.
- Be a champion of security within the organization by defining best practices and pushing for both technical and cultural change.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers on defining, prioritizing, and implementing new security focused improvements, enhancements, or fundamental architectural design changes.
- Act as a subject matter expert in secure engineering practices. Consult with development and operations teams to provide mentorship and recommend secure design patterns.
- Remain ahead of emerging and active threats: leverage pen testing tools, develop custom offensive and defensive tools, review and apply the latest security research / threat intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years experience in Information Security Engineering, in a technical capacity.
- Experience with penetration testing web-based SaaS applications and systems operating out of Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GPC, Azure, etc.).
- Knowledge of application-level attacks and mitigation methods, with a thorough understanding of OWASP top 10.
- Knowledge of DAST, SAST, 3rd party dependency, and container image security scanning.
- Understanding of compliance standards and how they impact software products and cloud operations.
- General security and offensive security assessment certifications a plus: CISSP, CEH, OSCP, GPEN, etc.
- Contributions to the security community a plus: research papers, public CVEs, conference talks, open source, etc.
Salary and Other Compensation;
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $160,000- $200,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employees are eligible to receive incentive units
- Created:/ Revised Date: - 5th February 2021
- Reporting to: - Director of Security/Deputy CISO
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.