Security Engineer (Tanium Specialist)
The Tanium Security Engineer is responsible for all aspects of Tanium’s internal Information Technology (IT) and Information Security (Security) deployments of the Tanium Platform. Candidates are expected to interface with multiple stakeholders within the organization including product management, engineering, and technology leadership teams. Candidates must have a balance of leadership and technical abilities. You will work with stakeholders to not only ensure wide adoption of Tanium within the organization, but to also give regular feedback to the product teams and assist customers with real use cases implemented within Tanium. Additionally, you will work closely with Tanium partners to test, deploy, and provide feedback on integrations. Candidates are expected to consistently question the status quo and are enabled to take action to ensure the effectiveness of a distributed security operations program operating within DevOps centric workflows.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the health of the Tanium Platform, Tanium modules, and Tanium agents across multiple environments
- Collaborate with Tanium engineering teams to provide feedback on Tanium products and capabilities
- Develop custom content and solutions within Tanium to meet IT & Security use cases
- Deliver regular updates to leadership regarding the health, challenges, and success stories from IT & Security
- Perform early adopter testing of Tanium product releases within IT & Security environments
- Collaborate with IT and Security personnel in the operationalization and maintenance of all Tanium modules
- Develop documented processes and procedures for IT & Security use cases
- Participate in collaboration sessions with customers regarding Tanium’s internal usage of the Tanium Platform
- Integrate Tanium with third party, custom tool tools, and partner software
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on enterprise Tanium Platform deployment, configuration, and support
- 2+ years of experience in integration and code development within the Tanium Platform
- 2+ years of consulting, direct customer interaction, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Tanium Platform and products
- Experience with major operating systems (i.e., Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Solid security knowledge competencies (e.g., hardening, vulnerability management and remediation, etc.)
- Firm understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Experience with Bash, Python, and Powershell scripting
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.