Cyber Security Engineer III
Boston, MA USA
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Information Security team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Cyber Security Engineer III will be responsible for:
- Working as a member of a cyber security team, develop and deploy efficient protection of system, networks, software, data and information systems against any potential attacks.
- Conducting security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis.
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements.
- Reviewing proposed system and firewall changes for appropriateness and security risk.
- Leading investigations of security events, providing analysis results and developing and implementing remediation plans.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and four or more years’ experience. Directly related experience may substitute for
- Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of programming skills, mathematical, or technical principles and indepth, experience based crossfunctional knowledge.
- Understanding of the cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK and experience applying them to defensive operations
- Experience analyzing packet captures to identify malicious activity
- Experience analyzing telemetry from Linux and Windows systems to identify malicious activity
- Experience aggregating & analyzing log data from endpoints, servers, IAM, and SaaS services to identify malicious activity
- Fluency in common network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP
- Hands-on systems administration experience on Linux or Windows
- Hands-on experience deploying, operating, and managing common security tools including network-based IDS, endpoint detection & response
- (EDR), SIEM (Splunk preferred)
- Competency in at least one programming language, Python preferred
- Strong process and configuration documentation skills
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Flexible schedule (if applicable). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.