Information Security Analyst
San Francisco, CA, United States
Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. As part of the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
We are actively hiring for a junior level role that will give you the opportunity to grow your career at a rapid pace. The role will be tightly aligned to our growing security operations function and will allow you to operate within a span of security disciplines including detection and response, threat and vulnerability management, and brand protection.
Key competencies and duties:
- Actively engage in building a positive security culture at Ripple.
- Actively monitor threat intelligence services to help protect the Ripple brand.
- Monitor Ripple's information security systems and respond to alerts.
- Work with end users to contain and remediate security issues.
- Develop and maintain security automation integrations and playbooks.
- Assist in maturing our threat and vulnerability management program.
- Participate in the Information Security on-call rotation.
- Evaluate and assess new Security technologies.
- Maintain security documentation around IT and Security systems SOP.
- Collaborate closely with IT and function as a first line security point of contact within the InfoSec team.
- 1-3 years of experience in information security, compliance, policy development and management OR an advanced degree in a computer sciences discipline.
- Intermediate level skills with python coding.
- Ability to utilize working knowledge of information security best practices such as: NIST 800 series, ISO 27000 series, GDPR, etc.
- Ability to understand enterprise business computing operations/requirements, and cloud.
- Ability to be creative when working with internal customers to find effective solutions.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws and regulatory requirements related to information protection.
- Develop and implement appropriate processes to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Project Management knowledge and experience are a strong plus.