Jr. Security Engineer
Pleasanton, California, United States
Exciting Jr. Security Engineer career opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar program
- 1 plus years of hands-on information security experience
- Manage critical cybersecurity events in a central ticketing system from the time the event is detected through the alerting process.
- Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) experience a plus
- Provide analysis of Information Security Events and determine true or false positive; and execute appropriate response procedures.
- Define, create and maintain SIEM correlation rules, customer build documents, security process and procedures.
- Comfortable working a designated shift to support 24x7 environment to monitor and alert on malware analysis related to the identified security event(s)
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Nice to have: CEH, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), EnCE or similar
- Nice to have knowledge in crypto and/or encryption certificates.
- Experience with a programming/scripting language such as Python, Perl or similar in an incident handling environment
Job tags: CEH Crypto EnCE Encryption GCFA GCIH GIAC Malware Perl Python SIEM
Job region(s): North America