Senior Security Analyst
Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Senior Security Analyst to join our security operations team. This person will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and security frameworks. You will be assisting the Appian Information Security department in continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings. You will analyze international security concerns, emerging threats, vulnerability identification, threat hunting, and monitoring.
About the Job:
- Participate and lead key areas in the security incident response and investigation processes
- Manage Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) platform
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations that will mitigate potential impact
- Provide analysis and investigation of security related data (via SIEM/SOAR) from a wide range of security products and devices to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities
- Contribute to security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale. For example, automating steps in the security alert triage and analysis processes
- Provide situational awareness on the current threat landscape and the techniques, tactics and procedures (TTPs) associated with specific threats
- Pursue actionable intelligence on current threats as they relate to Appian
- Conduct security research and present findings to the security team
- Participate in blue-team activities. And sometimes red-team!
- 5+ years experience in Security Operations role
- Experienced (2+ years) with administration/management of EDR and SIEM platforms
- Experienced (2+ years) with assessing security technologies and configurations
- Demonstrated experience presenting information security concepts and risks to management level personnel of varying technical backgrounds
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledgeable on network defence and intelligence frameworks such as: MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis
- Knowledgeable on cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and layer security responsibilities
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.