Senior Incident Response Security Engineer
At DFINITY we’re building a world class Security team which re-defines Information Security as we know it. This requires a bias towards building solutions that are secure by default, use defense in depth and enhance user experience. This role within the Infrastructure security team is for a Senior Incident Response Engineer looking to achieve such a vision.
- Build and maintain a scalable log ingestion and analytics platform and tooling
- Lead the design, evaluation, implementation and deployment of new security technologies on compute and client infrastructure
- Develop Incident Response runbooks and perform root cause analysis and incident reviews
- Monitor and analyze emerging threats, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Evaluate and implement data loss prevention tooling
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience on an Incident Response and Detection and Penetration testing teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Hands-on experience with IR toolchain (Eg: Osquery, Crowdstrike, Solarwinds, SIEM, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Ability to develop tools using programming languages such as Ruby, Python etc.
- Familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies a bonus
- You’re a Security generalist with firm understanding and/or hands on experience in some of these domains -
- OS internals and security hardening (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
- Attack tools for password dumping, privilege escalation etc.
- Security of Cloud Infrastructure platforms
- Secure network design, firewalls, authentication and authorization systems
- Vulnerability and patch management, secure configuration deployment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.