Product Security Engineer
New York or Remote
Security is of paramount importance to our customers (and to you). Help us keep their content safe.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
As a member of the Security team you will help us build and maintain a variety of software that Frame.io uses to improve our security posture. You’ll be responsible for helping to reduce the security risks by developing security libraries, tools, and automation. In addition, all of our team members help to provide subject matter expertise to other teams when they have questions related to the security of the systems they build.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing large-scale web applications
- Depth of technical knowledge in web application security
- Develop novel software that helps Frame.io be more secure
- Experience in Elixir or a comparable functional programming language
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL outside of an ORM, including the ability to design SQL queries for performance and efficiency
- Familiarity with common API and services design best practices
- Deep experience in overall system design and implementation—how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they’re likely to break
- Ability to analyze and solve difficult problems across product security
- Write clean, scalable code to implement security tools, libraries, and automation embedded into the application
- Regularly review code, finding security vulnerabilities
- Developing new security features, authentication/authorization libraries, and tools (identity management, key management, certificate management) in our codebase
- Scavenge the product for any security bugs
- Actively provide technical leadership to more junior members of the security team
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- $50 Monthly reimbursement for cell phone bill
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We based our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you're the best person for the job.