Budapest, Budapest, HU
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Review the ServiceNow platform for security incidents escalated by Security Desk Analysts
- Support handling of incidents in an advanced level according to Customer
- Upgrade or downgrade priority assigned by Security Desk
- Conduct secondary triage and analysis on escalated events and initial remediation for escalated incidents
- Perform containment, eradication and recovery actions as defined in the customer Playbooks and according to the assigned responsibilities and authorization
- Use Qualys Vulnerability Scanner and perimeter IDPS solutions for additional triage according to Playbooks and assigned authorization
- Raise requests to appropriate customer IT and Security administrators for actions to be taken on other customer's tools and solutions according to Playbooks
- Drive internal and external communication
- Track the progress on incidents that have been re-assigned or submitted to other teams
- Review events in the environment based on the information gathered during analysis to determine if an incident needs to be created or append to existing ticket according to customer policies and processes
Find more about IBM Security Jobs:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Effective written communication
- Process and Procedure adherence
- General network knowledge, TCP/IP Troubleshooting
- Ability to trace down an endpoint on the network based on ticket information
- Familiarity with system log information and what it means
- Understanding of common network services (web, mail, DNS, authentication)
- Understanding of host based security tools such as Anti-malware, and EDR
- General Desktop OS and Server OS knowledge
- TCP/IP, Internet Routing, UNIX / LINUX & Windows
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- previous SOC experience
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI DNS Linux Malware Qualys TCP/IP Unix Windows
Job region(s): Europe