Fullstack Tech Lead, InfoSec
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for a Full Stack Tech Lead with a strong background or interest in security and building well-designed abstractions. You should be comfortable in working and dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, adept at working and communicating with teams that are geographically disbursed and working cross-functionally.
In this role, you will:
- Drive user impact and delight by working across the application stack, with emphasis on server-side business logic and integrations.
- Work with a wide range of technologies, people, systems, and processes to solve problems at scale from end-to-end.
- Collaborate with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams to quickly support and integrate product features.
- Lead the InfoSec engineering team incl. Technical direction setting, coaching and architectural mentorship.
- Work with key stakeholders from engineering, DevOps, and product management, to drive security design and principles into our architecture.
- Build new services and frameworks to support Mural’s products, sales and marketing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all Mural organizations.
- Work closely with the product and design teams.
- Generate experiments, test them with production users, analyze, loop.
- Be a core part of our technical design process.
- Guide your team, create POC’s, write code, discuss ideas, own the product.
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 7 years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Node, Express, Babel, Webpack.
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON.
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine.
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models.
- Hands on development of applications and services.
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks.
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently.
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support.
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.