Lead Cloud and Network Security Engineer
Palo Alto, USA
Posted 1 month ago
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo is hiring an Lead Cloud & Network Security Engineer for our network operations. The selected candidate will be responsible for putting in standards and compliance to the Network and Data Security for both Cloud and On-Prem infrastructure. The candidate must be knowledgeable and proficient in Security Standards, best practices, Industry guidelines and also a good understanding of analysing applications developed by Internal/External Engineering for their security compliance. This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate who wants to make a highly visible impact in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup focused on a rapidly exploding market segment.
- Spearhead the security initiatives, architect and implement scalable solutions and processes for cloud, data, network, and workplace security
- Define network and cloud security architecture, principles, standards, and guidelines to be implemented
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks to ensure applications, data, and network are protected and monitored
- Identify, evaluate, revamp, and implement security tool chain to keep up with emerging standards, technologies, and trends
- Respond to security incidents, perform root-cause, and strategize how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- 7+ years experience in information security and software engineering
- Experience working with with network security tools like IDS/IPS, Firewalls
- Experience working with log monitoring and SEIM tools like Splunk, Elasticsearch
- Experience with vulnerability management, penetration testing, security reporting
- Experience with workplace security - MDM, Malware protection
- Experience with cloud security - GCP preferred
- Ability to support Security Operations in in 24 x 7 enterprise environments
- Experience with leading compliance audits (SOC2, ISO 27001)
- Hands experience with Python/BASH DevSecOps automation and excellent interpersonal skills.
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, GCP and/or related security certifications a plus