Security Intelligence Analyst (SIA) - Cyber Security
Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, PL
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Currently we are looking for a Security Intelligence Analyst.
- Provide cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on significant threats and vulnerabilities
- Advise senior management (e.g., Chief Information Officer [CIO]) on risk levels and security posture
- Perform security reviews and identify security gaps in security architecture resulting in recommendations for inclusion in the risk mitigation strategy
- Recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections
- Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment or enclave
- Ensure that security improvement actions are evaluated, validated, and implemented as required.
- Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information
- Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team members of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event's history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization's cyber incident response plan
- Internal and external training and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills’ development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Fresh fruits in the office
- Cinema, ski, and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for a wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and protocols, and computer security methodologies
- Knowledge of current cyber threat intelligence, including threat actor groups and capabilities
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections, race conditions, covert channel, replay, return-oriented attacks, malicious code)
- Knowledge of industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and method.
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK™ Framework and its applicability to threat hunting
- 3 plus years of understanding cyber threat landscapes, threat actors, TTPs, and integration of cyber intelligence data into products and services
- 3 plus years of client-relationship management and escalation management within the cybersecurity industry
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of Python or other scripting language
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Skill in writing, reviewing, and editing cyber-related Intelligence/assessment products from multiple sources.
- 5 plus years of client-relationship management and escalation management within the cybersecurity industry
- 5 plus years of understanding cyber threat landscapes, TTPs, and integration of threat data into products and services
- Master’s degree in computer science, cyber security, computer networking, or equivalent work experience
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Architecture Cyber defense Incident response Python Strategy Threat intelligence TTPs Vulnerabilities
Job region(s): Europe