Principal Cloud Security Engineer
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert USD 153K - 247K
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact - one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly. It happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed… intentionally… to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks protects tens of thousands of people every day from Cyber bad-actors, but who protects Palo Alto Networks? The Palo Alto Networks Enterprise Cloud Security team has this incredible responsibility and, as a Principal Enterprise Cloud Security Engineer, it’s your job to protect the team so we can protect the world! Working within a GCP environment, you will maintain our FedRAMP SaaS platform, assuring continuous reliability and efficiency.
- Analyze technical risks of existing network / system and application architectures (IAAS/PAAS/SAAS and on premise) against correlating policies and risks, and provides appropriate remediation or risk reduction plans
- Evaluates ongoing practices and procedures, technical documentation, and diagrams for appropriate security measure maturity and effectiveness
- Independently leads projects, coordinates with team members and other technical departments, ensuring proper communication and management of the overall success through completion
- Generates and monitors effective and actionable Information Security reporting across the InfoSec technical landscape and provides pertinent input to briefing presentations
- Provides consulting on best practices to internal customers to ensure processes are embedded at the correct time and frequency and to ensure compliance to security standards
- Define technical control requirements, evaluate existing tool effectiveness, and propose solutions to enhance the company's security posture
- 7-10 years of combined experience as an software engineer, infrastructure engineer, network engineer or cloud security engineer
- In depth knowledge with public cloud architecture, such as GCP, AWS and Azure, and virtualization technologies, such as kubernetes, VMware and OpenStack
- In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization
- The ability to design, install and maintain security controls over multi-cloud networks
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Linux OS, MS and iOS operating systems
- Possesses knowledge in; VPN, VRF, MPLS, and network routing
- Experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical and correlation tools a PLUS
- Certification in any of the following is a plus: PCNSE; Google Cloud Architect; AWS Cloud Architect; CISSP-ISSEP - Sec. Eng. Professional; GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED); CCSP, Splunk Cert. Enterprise Security Administrator
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Think about it, security for an information security company. Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within the Information Security team is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving security gaps that inhibit our privacy.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our culture and dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our careers page.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $153000/yr to $247500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
Tags: AWS Azure CCSP CERT CISSP Cloud Compliance Cryptography FedRAMP GCED GCP GIAC IaaS Intrusion prevention iOS Kubernetes Linux Monitoring Network security OpenStack PaaS Privacy SaaS Splunk VMware VPN Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Medical leave Salary bonus
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs