Security Researcher II - Threat Hunting
ZscalerZscaler, creator of the Zero Trust Exchange platform, helps you reduce business risk while enabling you to realize the promise of digital transformation.
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Sr. Security Researcher - Threat Hunting will report to the Manager Internal Security. The Security Researcher will be primarily responsible for proactively hunting threats, blue teaming, performing exploit and vulnerability research, all in order to find and close holes exploited by bad actors.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
Perform event correlation analysis using data gathered from a variety of sources to detect and confirm attacks
Provide timely detection and alerting of possible attacks and intrusions
Analyze activity to identify weaknesses that were exploited and perform root cause analysis
Proactively hunting threats, blue teaming, performing exploit and vulnerability research, all in order to find and close holes exploited by bad actors
- Malware, exploits and infection chain (kill-chain) research to ensure detection
Write blog posts and whitepapers related to advanced threat analysis
Write threat hunting signatures to discover new instances in Zscaler cloud and OSINT
Work on internal automation projects and build tools to aid in threat hunting activities
- Continuously review security bulletins and related news; stay apprised of current threats and trends
Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience in a Security Information and Event Management tool, such as Splunk, ElasticSearch.
Must have Hands-on Threat Hunting experience
Strong understanding of tools, tactics and procedures (TTPs) of threats actors (eCrime/APT)
Experience in Incident Analysis and Response using industry standard frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK and the Cyber Kill Chain
Experience with Malware analysis - Dynamic & Static, Tools like – IDA Pro, Ollydbg, Wireshark etc.
- Must be able to validate findings, perform root cause analysis, and deliver recommendations for fixes
Strong scripting and automation skills are must (Python preferable)
Must have excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of web protocols and web application security
Experience writing IDS/IPS, YARA signatures
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email address is used specifically for accommodation requests only, and resumes, CV's, or questions other than accommodations will not be replied to or accepted.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Application security APT Audits Automation Cloud Compliance Cyber Kill Chain Elasticsearch Exploit Exploits IDS IPS Malware MITRE ATT&CK OllyDbg OSINT Python Scripting Splunk TTPs
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs