C002481 Online Vulnerability Tool Manager (NS) - TUE 28 Mar RELAUNCH
Mons, Wallonia, Belgium
Full Time Contract Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 62K - 115K *
Deadline Date: Tuesday 28 March 2023
Requirement: Online Vulnerability Tool Manager
Location: Mons, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
Time On-Site: 100%
NATO Grade: G15/88
Total Scope of the request (hours): 654
Required Start Date: 27 April 2023
End Contract Date: 31 December 2023
Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
Duties and Role:
As Online Vulnerability Tool Manager (OVA), the incumbent will be responsible for supporting Cyber Defence operations, maintaining and updating Vulnerability Assessment (VA) systems. He will report to the Head, Security Tools Management Section and collaborating with the personnel from Cyber Hygiene and CS Operations Branches. They will also work with the Staff of Platform and Infrastructure Management Section for the maintenance of the platform. The tasks include - but are not limited to – define, install and maintain advance VA configuration and associated operational functionalities, as well as and ensuring they are integrated with other NCIRC capabilities where possible.
The OVA Tool Manager will be in charge of ensuring VA systems meet security requirements defined by NCSC, identifying also areas of improvement.
- Install, deploy, update, monitor, maintain, configure, troubleshoot and keep in operational conditions the Vulnerability Assessment (VA) systems.
- Configure the VA systems to support vulnerability, compliance and remediation verification scanning.
- Define, maintain, update advanced VA configurations, e.g. low performance impact VA scans, and audit files that implement specific hardening guides.
- Troubleshoot issues arising from vulnerability scanning and serve as technical expert for online vulnerability assessment tools.
- Ensure the level of security (Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability) of the VA systems meet or exceed the minimum security requirements defined by NATO security authorities.
- Compile, draft, review and deliver inputs on all aspects relevant to VA capabilities and VA scan results and processes, and associated documentation.
- Develop reports and dashboards that reflect the Online VA systems availability, scans performance, success/failure effectiveness and efficiency and perform targeted historical analysis, review historical trending data and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Perform functions to ensure Cyber Security Hygiene Indicators (CSHI) programme is implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Develop the NCI Agency specific Request for Change formal documentation for VA products, configure the test of the VA systems and provide support for conducting functional and security tests required by the Change Management processes for having the systems approved to be used on NCI Agency managed networks.
- Produce metrics to be integrated into wider CSSL or NCI Agency products that are being delivered up to NATO executive management level.
- Initiate, prepare, follow and defend the specialist applications upgrades in front of the Change Management Board.
- Implement the approved changes.
- Proactively recommend optimizations to VA capabilities to provide effective and efficient service operations.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and developments, industry standards and best practices within the wider IA community and provide support for the selection of the vulnerabilities management and vulnerabilities assessment tools.
- Produce technical reports and support the production of executive level reports.
- Review security documentation and provide technical advice.
Skill, Knowledge & Experience:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance
- Essential to have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science combined with a minimum of 2 years' experience in Vulnerability Assessment related post as Tool Manager or similar position involving Technical ICT Engineering knowledge, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational education (leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation) with 5 years post related experience.
- Experience in implementation of INFOSEC policies and procedures.
- Software engineering including programming and/or scripting knowledge (python, shell scripting, PowerShell).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of risk based Security Assessment of systems and networks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communication security, networking, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications.
- Practical hands-on experience in systems and tools administration.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of Tenable Security Center / Tenable Nessus products
- Ability to investigate and analyse complex scenarios and solve problems in innovative ways
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams
- Experience in defining, implementing and validating NCIA CSSL security settings
- Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as CISSP, CISM, MCSE/S, CISA, GSNA, SANS GIAC.
- Tenable Certified Security Engineer
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: CISA CISM CISSP Clearance Compliance Computer Science GIAC GSNA Linux NATO Nessus PowerShell Python SANS Scripting Security assessment Security Clearance Vulnerabilities Windows
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Staré Mesto, Slovakia (Slovak … Staré Mesto, Slovakia (Slovak Republic) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia
Global Quality Manager / Auditor Information SecurityAudits CISA Governance ISO 27001 TISAX
Career development Health care Startup environment Travel
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs