Operational Risk & Compliance Manager
Mid Valley, Malaysia
ExperianExperian is committed to helping you protect, understand, and improve your credit. Start with your free Experian credit report and FICO® score.
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
The purpose of this role is to through strong partnership internally, identify and manage current and potential risks in “the business” as part of the first line of defense team. The role will focus on a broad spectrum of risks; regulatory, compliance, conduct, operational, Info Sec, Fraud etc.
The role holder will also need to act as a point of contact for business areas (including the potential for multiple business areas) to ensure an integrated view of risk frameworks and systems is maintained and developed whilst proactively endorsing and supporting risk management knowledge sharing.
You’ll have a strong desire to partner with the business and drive a focus on risk and compliance. You’ll also place the customer at the heart of the business by ensuring actions and mitigations are clear, meet client needs, and can be delivered flawlessly
What you’ll need to bring to the team:
-The ability and desire to review and improve the operational risk framework, including governance, controls and insight to ensure continuous improvement.
-The ability to manage senior stakeholder expectations whilst driving change and operating with a commercial focus mindset by leveraging quantitative and qualitative skills.
-You should be willing to challenge when appropriate and drive activity within the business areas.
What you’ll be doing:
-Build strong relationships within the business with Senior stakeholders - be able to collaborate and challenge as required
-Take reasonable steps, and exercise due skill, care and diligence, to ensure business area is managed and controlled effectively.
-Apply appropriate controls to ensure compliance with all regulatory obligations and company policies in relation to information security, financial crime, outsourcing, complaints, vulnerable consumers, product development and other key areas of regulatory risk.
-Ensure issues are identified and resolved or escalated quickly to protect the interests of Experian and its customers.
-Implement Experian governance, risk, compliance and control frameworks. Regularly review risk controls to ensure these are operating effectively and within the agreed conduct risk strategy and risk appetites.
- Maintain appropriate information security, resilience, business continuity and disaster recovery arrangements
-Ensure all operational processes are efficient, effective, fit for purpose and are clearly documented with defined process RACI’s and ownership
-Ensure that an effective Training and Compliance regime is in place
-Ensure the performance of teams, service providers and operational processes are reviewed and opportunities to improve are identified and implemented
-Ensure reporting accurately reflects business performance and enables fast decision making.
Role as a DPO:
- Informing and advising employees and business units operating within the region of their obligations under relevant local and group policies, procedures and processes.
- Managing the various stakeholders within the region so that the Group’s/ Regional’s privacy framework can be regularly updated based on the evolving needs of the business and regulations.
- Perform the statutory role of Data Protection Officer where those requirements exist under relevant local laws and regulations.
- Monitor updates as well as consistent adherence to local data protection policies and procedures including assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training.
- Commission Data Protection and Privacy assessments and other privacy risk assessments.
- Work closely with other Regulatory Compliance Managers, legal counsel and the risk team to ensure data protection policies and procedures are updated and maintained.
- Take lead in any other relevant data protection projects.
- Liaise with key internal (e.g. Legal and Risk) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
- Client focused, strong commercial acumen, autonomous and fosters teamwork
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Ideally have experience from another multinational firm with a matrix structure
- Experience working with Senior level stakeholders
- Experience in the operational application of data protection and privacy laws in the SEA/ Asia Pacific Region.
- Strong analytical, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with a high level of fluency in English.
- Experience in data protection compliance advisory work
- Up-to-date knowledge of privacy and data protection laws across the Asia-Pacific (including where applicable, changes to the laws, new regulatory guidance’s and local emerging risks)
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Compliance Governance Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs