Senior DevSecOps Engineer (TS/SCI)
San Diego, California, United States
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 130K - 160K
Sigma Defense is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
Why would you work for us? Quite simply, the work we do is meaningful and stimulating. We promote initiative and independent thought; we encourage direct client engagement to ensure we are delivering what the customer wants; and our engineers and scientists are working on cutting-edge projects that move the state-of-the-art closer to the people who need them. If you're looking for technical challenges and an opportunity to take a leadership role in an environment that encourages you to excel, then WE are your destination.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
To learn more about our company, find and follow us at Sigma Defense Systems LLC: Overview | LinkedIn.
Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific (NIWC Pacific) is seeking a self-directed and motivated individual to join our team as a Senior DevSecOps Engineer and provide Software Engineering services and Support to the Networks Pillar under Project Overmatch. The Navy Tactical Grid (NTG) is a network capability, which will enable Command and Control (C2) Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Fire Control for Distributed Maritime operations (DMO) in a contested environment. Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) stood up Project Overmatch on 1 OCT 2020 to develop the networks, infrastructure, data and analytics to support this capability. NIWC Pacific is designated by Project Overmatch to provide engineering support to the Networks Pillar. Examples of support will include building and maintaining network roadmaps, technical and high-level Flag/SES briefings, participation in Overmatch and related meetings and strategy development, working with internal and external Overmatch stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks to ensure optimum productivity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite Products, and PC hardware architecture.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, with managers, supervisor, peers, and customers.
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently, and to take initiative.
- Ability to quickly grasp and implement technical concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently, and to take initiative.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum development framework.
- Experience designing, configuring and operating enterprise-level cybersecurity architectures, and using tools such as:
o Security Center/Nessus.
o Assured Compliance Assessment Solution. (ACAS)
o Security Content Automation Protocol. (SCAP)
o Security Technical Implementation Guide. (STIG)
- Experience with cloud technology. (AWS, VMWare, Azure, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in DoD Network, SATCOM, or Radio Frequency Engineering.
- Certifications: DoD 8750 IAT Level II, COMPTIA Network+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP preferred.
- Programs/Software Experience: NMCI, RDT&E, SIPRNet, JWICS.
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance, or higher. (A DoD Secret TS/SCI clearance is required for this position and will be sponsored for the right candidate.)
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive)
- Provide Software Development Security Operations Engineering support related to networks and communications for the Navy Architecture.
- Focus primarily on the infrastructure that supports continuous Integration (CI)/ continuous delivery and continuous deployment (CD), development, troubleshooting, and hardware support for the Navy Architecture.
- Support the full life cycle software development by Implementing automated testing, and vulnerability and quality scanning capabilities.
- Analyze Networks and Communications capabilities and environmental constraints of the current Navy Architecture, Including ADNS, identified by users, sponsors or stakeholders, and generate performance and functional requirements to modernize those capabilities.
- Provide Science and Technology research Initiatives that are targeting new capabilities and designs related to networks and communications.
- Research activities are related to existing systems and Introduction of new systems that enhance Information exchange.
- Designs, develop, and improve the automation pipeline and integrated deployment processes to aid in software build and releases activities.
- Perform technical support for the OSS team and assists in satisfaction of the customer security directives and requirements ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Utilize DevOps tools (such as Jenkins, Jira, Bitbucket) to ensure the code compiles and passes any built-in tests while ensuring repository integrity.
- Assist software teams with server upgrades/patches and setup of virtual environments.
- Work with system software testers to update manual and automated system test scripts as needed for each patch and collect system test metrics.
- Manages software dependencies including evaluation, acquisition & licensing, integration, and maintenance for software used by developers to deliver capabilities to the customer.
- Establish environments for deployment of code base integrity checks and automation of releases.
- Publish security and maintenance patches to Artifactory system binaries repository in accordance with proprietary configuration management and control processes.
- Perform Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans of the OSS and remediate findings.
- Build and maintain Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Nessus servers for scanning laboratory infrastructure.
- Perform analysis of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checklists for system software and remediate findings.
- Prepare and present reports on software patch status to OSS Lead/Product Owner, external stakeholders and sponsors during Sprint Reviews.
- Diagnose and debug faults with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system and system hardware components.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000 annually.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance to Include an HSA Plan and HRA Plan Which Features a $6,000 Health Reimbursement
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- 160 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) with Carry-Over up to 240 hours
- 12 (Floating) Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Tags: Agile Analytics Automation AWS Azure Bitbucket CCNP Clearance Cloud Compliance CompTIA Computer Science DevOps DevSecOps DoD Jira Kubernetes Linux Mathematics Nessus Red Hat SCAP Scrum Security Clearance Strategy Surveillance TS/SCI VMware Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Insurance Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs