Manager, Information Security
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
We are looking for a hands-on Manager, Information Security to join our cyber security team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the programs Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Email Security, and Insider threat) program. The position is responsible for the planning, design, and the support of the Security Engineering and Security Operations and Compliance functions and all its components. This role is also expected to be able to troubleshoot complex problems with little oversight, take ownership and work independently as needed to resolve issues.
- Lead team of Information Security analysts and engineers to promote information security services, while maintaining stability and governance, and putting team to success.
- Help develop the Information Security strategy to identify gaps in security posture and drive the implementation of risk remediation programs and continuous improvements.
- Serves as the primary Information Security threat expert keeping apprised of emerging and ongoing industry trends as well as the most likely strategies needed to mitigate the threats.
- Participate in the software design life cycle, total cost of ownership of security appliances, application security, and infrastructure services.
- Develop and enhance real-time monitoring of security threats, detection, and proactive response of security incidents and intrusion – enterprise wide
- Develops key input into the development of cyber security strategies, employing existing and new resources required to mitigate the ever-changing threat landscape.
- Perform comprehensive risk analysis of new and existing business initiatives and processes.
- Manages the development and delivery of Information Security standards, best practices, architecture, and systems to ensure information system security across the enterprise.
- Establish process to Identify and monitor all applications, systems, and assets on the network
- Implement KPI/KRI metrics for continuous improvement as well as information regarding the overall security hygiene of the environment
- Managing the event monitoring and triaging processes to detect and respond to events quickly and efficiently. Perform correlations to improve event tracking and incident detection processes
- Managing project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagements
- Serves as organizational point person for business-critical incidents
- Manage recruitment, training, and development for security staff
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team- oriented work environment and play an active role in counseling and mentoring team members
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- 7+ years experience in an Information Security or Information Technology with 3+ years of work experience leading Information Security teams
- Expertise in working with colleagues throughout the firm and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and associated technologies • Expertise in security measures such as network access controls, network segmentation, firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Experience and familiarization with a variety of information, application, and network security monitoring tools (SIEM, EDR/XDR, IDS/IPS, firewall, WAF, SAST, DAST, IAST, among others) • Understanding of vulnerability management (VM) and application security (AppSec) management
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Proven success in developing, implementing, sustaining, and enhancing enterprise information security and risk management programs.
- Decision-making capabilities, with an ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CIPP or similar security or data privacy certification is a plus.
- Accountable for the successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by adjusting priorities or processes and approaching as needs dictate.
- Work independently as a team representative of InfoSec as well as showing excellent teamwork skills.
- Good understanding of system and network hardening practices.
Culture & Core Values
- InfoSec team is comprised of independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape Apex Fintech Solutions.
- We strive to build and maintain a collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by Open and Honest Communication; Teamwork and Collaboration; Involving Everyone; Leaders Who Serve; and Personal Accountability
- 28 days annual leave plus 10 NI national holidays
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Private health insurance for medical and dental
- Life Insurance
- Great work/life balance and flexible working hours • Monthly catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Poker tournaments
- Charitable matching gift program
#IT #mid-senior #full-time
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs Application security AWS Azure CIPP CISA CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance CRISC DAST EDR FinTech Firewalls GCP Governance IAST IDS Incident response Intrusion detection IPS Monitoring Network security Pentesting Privacy Risk analysis Risk management SAST Security strategy SIEM SOC Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerability management
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours Health care Lunch / meals Medical leave Team events Unlimited paid time off
More jobs like this
Staré Mesto, Slovakia (Slovak … Staré Mesto, Slovakia (Slovak Republic) Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 62K - 115K * USD 62K+ *
Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia
Global Quality Manager / Auditor Information SecurityAudits CISA Governance ISO 27001 TISAX
Career development Health care Startup environment Travel
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs