Remote - U.S.
Posted 1 month ago
At Ginger, we believe that everyone deserves access to incredible mental healthcare. Our on-demand system brings together behavioral health coaches, therapists, and psychiatrists, who work as a team to deliver personalized care, right through your smartphone. The Ginger app provides members with access to the support they need within seconds, 24/7, 365 days a year. Millions of people have access to Ginger through leading employers, health plans, and our network of partners.
Ginger has been recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare.
Ginger is a dynamic and fast growing startup with a forward-looking infrastructure and engineering systems landscape. Ginger operates its infrastructure in the top-class cloud IaaS and PaaS services and utilizes the best of the breed SaaS to power its business. There are many unique challenges and opportunities that are new to the industry and require creative thinking in order to balance the desire to continue to move fast and be nimble, and yet provide first-class privacy to the member's data and build unwavering trust with the members, customers and partners.
About the role:
The DevSecOps Engineer will be a key member of the technical team responsible for worldwide cloud infrastructure security at Ginger. This individual will work closely with the agile engineering, product, operations, QA and IT teams, as well as internal and external auditors to promote development, operations and security best practices. They will be responsible for reviewing hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization and identifying security enhancements and performance bottlenecks, and for the full system lifecycle including configuration and code deployment in user acceptance test and production environments. Also responsible for developing and maintaining monitoring infrastructure and application services and driving incident management. The position will also act as a technical resource across the larger organization and external partners providing security subject matter expertise and fostering a security mindset.
- Interact closely with other cyber security architects, privacy officer, engineering, and product management teams to ensure adequate security capabilities and controls are in place within the technology stack to mitigate security risks and meet the highest security and compliance requirements.
- Implement consistent DevSecOps practices for the Ginger Cloud Security team.
- Lead threat modeling and security design reviews with engineering teams, provide subject matter expertise in resolving complex security problems
- Identify opportunities for automation, partner with engineering and security teams on implementing automation such as static and dynamic application scanning in the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with external penetration testing researchers to schedule, setup and run tests and manage vulnerabilities
- Work closely with the engineering team for timely mitigation of security findings from scanning activities and penetration tests
- Continuously research, design, advocate and recommend new security technologies, architectures, and products that will ensure meeting all the compliance requirements
- Function as the go-to individual with in-depth understanding of all security and compliance related nuances within the Ginger stack. Develop the ability to effectively navigate a highly complex environment to independently retrieve technical evidence for gaining assurance over effectiveness of controls
- Serve as the subject matter expert who will actively guide the broader risk and compliance team on all security-related technical components within the environment
- Conduct ad-hoc security architecture/application reviews to assess new risks, keep abreast of latest cyber security technical risks, and foster a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- BS degree or higher in Computer Engineering, MIS or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or related work experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in architecting security solutions and in-depth knowledge of security protocols/tools, and automation in a regulated industry such as healthcare, banking or financial services
- Good knowledge of AWS infrastructure, Load balancers, VPC configuration, S3 Storage, RDS, IAM, Serverless infrastructure such as AWS Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure As Code, CloudFormation, CDK, Terraform or similar
- Strong Experience in configuration, tuning, deployment of Application / Web servers such as Nginx and Tomcat
- Familiarity with one or more industry security compliance frameworks and/or regulations such as ISO 27001/2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP, HITRUST, SSAE16, SOC 1, SOC 2, International Privacy Requirements including EU Privacy and Safe Harbor
- Demonstrated understanding of agile secure software development lifecycle and ability to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle
- Attention to detail and a thorough approach to problem-solving
- Ability to efficiently handle ambiguity and appropriately prioritize competing projects
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects with a geographically distributed team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CISSP, CISM certifications
- AWS Practitioner certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker and/or OSCP certification