Information Technology (IT) & Specialized Assurance Consultant
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
DeloitteFür unsere Kunden entwickeln wir integrierte Lösungen. Unsere Services umfassen Wirtschaftsprüfung, Steuerberatung, Financial Advisory und Consulting.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has more than 411,000 professionals all committed to becoming the standard of excellence of professional services firms.
Deloitte’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities, and enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. All our professionals are united by our shared values, a set of core principles that guide our collective behavior. They set the expectations we have for one another and define how we, as stewards of Deloitte, should behave. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. And, importantly, they help us to earn the trust and respect of our key stakeholders. Our shared values are: Lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for measurable impact.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector; with offices in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and in the process of expanding our operations by re-opening an office in Ethiopia.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
The Risk Advisory Function integrates powerful and practical solutions in cyber security, IT Audit, risk and regulation and internal controls, backed by deep business knowledge across multi-disciplinary teams, to help our clients take the opportunity to connect, build resilience and security for a more positive outcome.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Risk Advisory Department as an Information Technology (IT) & Specialized Assurance Consultant. This position will be based in our Addis Ababa office in Ethiopia.
Main Purpose of the Job
The successful candidates will ensure that client’s and the Firm’s expectations are met by delivering high quality services and maintaining high utilisation levels.
What you will do
- Support the delivery efforts of the engagement team in competency areas;
- Provide technical guidance and inputs on audit related projects;
- Raise issues with the manager as identified in the area of focus that may affect the quality of work and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with the management to win the business;
- Proactively identify client needs and technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address them;
- Communicate regularly with both Engagement Managers and clients to meet deliverable expectations in specific areas of expertise;
- Manage information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies;
- Train and mentor junior members of the team;
- Maintain own development and knowledge in the specialized areas;
- Lead fieldwork audits of controls and other IT focused reviews as per Deloitte’s methodologies;
- Use established tools and methodologies to develop audit plans, collect & analyze data, document and support results; and
- Experience in business process and controls.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any technology discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 4 years’ working experience in systems controls reviews, systems implementation, or other related field, with focus on IT.
- Thorough knowledge of Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) or other internal control frameworks.
- Experience with leading ERP solutions (Microsoft/SAP/Oracle), operating systems and databases.
- A recognized professional qualification such as CRISC/CISA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador Inspirational.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 15 March 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Audits CISA CoBIT CRISC ERP ITIL Oracle SAP
Perks/benefits: Career development Startup environment
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs