Senior Consultant, Offensive Security, Proactive Services - Unit 42 (Remote)
Palo Alto NetworksPalo Alto Networks enables your team to prevent successful cyberattacks with an automated approach that delivers consistent security across cloud, network and mobile.
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Senior Consultant on the Offensive Security team is focused on assessing and challenging the security posture across a comprehensive portfolio of clients. The individual will utilize a variety of tools developed and act as a key team member in client engagements. They will be the client’s advocate for cybersecurity best practices and will provide strong recommendations in this domain.
- Assist in development of internal infrastructure design for research, development, and testing focused on offensive security
- Conducts periodic scans of networks to find and detect vulnerabilities
- Performs client penetration testing to find any vulnerabilities or weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party, using open-source, custom, and commercial testing tools. Red Team experience highly valued
- Ability to assist in scoping engagements by clearly articulating various penetration approaches and methodologies to audiences ranging from highly technical to executive personnel
- Report generation that clearly communicates testing and assessment details, results, and remediation recommendations to clients
- Develop scripts, tools, and methodologies to automate and streamline internal processes and engagements
- Conducts IT application testing, cybersecurity tool and systems analysis, system and network administration, and systems engineering support for the sustainment of information technology systems (mobile application testing, penetration testing, application, security, and hardware testing)
- Conduct threat hunting and/or compromise assessment engagements to identify active or dormant indicators of compromise (IoCs) using Crypsis and Palo Alto Networks’ threat hunting tools (and/or client owned hunting instrumentation where applicable)
- Assist Leadership in the development of security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements as needed
- Able to conduct cyber risk assessments using frameworks or standards like NIST CSF, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CIS Top 20, CMMC, or other industry measurement tools
- Conduct cloud penetration testing engagements to assess specific workloads (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, containers, or other PaaS and SaaS instances) for vulnerabilities and subsequently attempt to exploit identified weakness after receiving permission from client stakeholders
- Provide recommendations to clients on specific security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks including response and recovery of a data security breach
- Ability to perform travel requirements as needed to meet business demands
- 4+ years of professional experience with risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods focused on Information Assurance, Information Systems/Network Security, Infrastructure Design, and Vulnerabilities Assessments. Red Team experience highly desirable
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how malicious software works (i.e.-malware, trojans, rootkits, etc.)
- Ability to modify known and/or craft custom exploits manually without dependence on consumer tools such as Metasploit
- Strong knowledge of tools and techniques used to conduct network, wireless, and web application penetration testing
- Familiarity with web application penetration testing and code auditing to find security gaps and vulnerabilities
- Knowledge and experience in conducting cyber risk assessments using industry standards
- Experience with penetration testing, administering, and troubleshooting major flavors of Linux, Windows, and major cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS providers (i.e., AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Experience with scripting and editing existing code and programming using one or more of the following - Perl, Python, ruby, bash, C/C++, C#, or Java
- Experience with security assessment tools, including Nessus, OpenVAS, MobSF Metasploit, Burp Suite Pro, Cobalt Strike, Bloodhound, and Empire
- Knowledge of application, database, and web server design and implementation
- Knowledge of network vulnerability assessments, web and cloud application security testing, network penetration testing, red teaming, security operations, or 'hunt'
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP & MITRE ATT&CK
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security, or equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations or equivalent military experience required
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Application security Audits AWS Azure Bash Burp Suite C C++ Cloud CMMC Cobalt Strike Computer Science Exploit Exploits Forensics GCP IaaS ISO 27001 Java Linux Malware Metasploit MITRE ATT&CK Nessus Network security NIST Offensive security OpenVAS OWASP PaaS Pentesting Perl Python Red team Risk assessment Ruby SaaS Scripting Security assessment Vulnerabilities Windows
Perks/benefits: Career development Medical leave
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs