Staff Network Engineer - Network Security Assurance
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Within CyberSecurity Engineering, the Network Security Assurance team is responsible for the continuous assurance of Visa’s global network. Responsibilities of the team include working with CyberSecurity Architecture to agree upon Security and Regulatory requirements to ensure network security policies are maintained and regularly reviewed as security requirements evolve. The scope of the team covers firewall ACL lifecycle management, cloud security compliance and continuous automation and integration with other Visa systems.
What a CyberSecurity Engineer does at Visa:
A CyberSecurity Engineer in CyberSecurity Engineering will be a solutions focused, ambitions and pro active technical expert. This is an opportunity to work within a team of highly talented engineers as part of a global matrixed team. The scope of this role is to provide local expertise as an SME for our Network Security Provisioning Platform to manage the end to end lifecycle of Firewall ACLs.
Why this is important to Visa
This is a critical role within CyberSecurity Engineering as the candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting an enterprise solution that manages all Visa Firewall Policies.
The security and configuration of Visa’s global network security controls are critical to ensuring the protection of Visa’s services and applications.
Projects you will be a part of:
Although this is primarily a BAU role, you will also be exposed to local and global projects where our mission is to automate, automate, automate. Cyber Engineering has many ongoing projects for you to contribute to and will benefit from your SME Knowledge and experience. You will be expected to identify initiatives, drive projects related to Network Security efficiency and continue to ‘move the needle’ as we ensure the security of Visa’s systems.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
QualificationsWhat you will need:
• 5+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated skills in understanding and discussing complex network issues to advise on alternate approaches.
• Proven subject matter expertise in Firewall ACL management solutions.
• Demonstrable experience or knowledge of working within the field of network security with responsibility for firewall policies.
• Scripting and Automation skills, ideally Python, Ansible, Jira and experience of working in an Agile world
What will also help:
• Industry recognized accreditations will set you apart from other candidates in the fields of Network Security, Firewall Management and Cloud Security
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Agile Ansible Automation Cloud Compliance Firewalls Jira Network security Python Scripting
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs