Senior iOS R&D Engineer
Truepic develops the world's most secure camera technology for mobile devices. We empower viewers to make better-informed decisions through high integrity photos & videos. Our team is dedicated to restoring trust in every pixel of consequence, with the goal of having a shared sense of visual reality across the internet by 2030.
We are embarking on a game-changing endeavor to bring our award-winning Controlled Capture secure camera technology (named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2020) to any camera-enabled app.
About the Role:
As a Senior iOS R&D Engineer, you will use your ingenuity to create secure, trusted libraries for camera and other sensor data acquisition, resulting in high integrity photos and videos worthy of the Truepic brand.
Your work will help cement Truepic’s position on the bleeding edge of the battle against visual deception, including defending against AI-synthesized deepfakes. Authenticatable photos and videos produced by apps that integrate your code will aid critical decision making by customers at Tier 1 internet platforms, financial service companies, international NGOs, and governments.
- Architect and implement camera sensor secure data acquisition and encoding libraries for both still photos and videos
- Architect and implement depth map acquisition and encoding libraries with consistent behavior across various device hardware capabilities, including single lens, multi-lens, and specialized 3D mapping hardware such as ToF and LiDAR
- Architect and implement on-device validation for other acquired sensor data, including location, motion sensors, and audio, possibly leveraging heuristics and/or trained machine learning models
- Be accountable to the Truepic product engineering team for capture library stability, footprint, and performance
- Contribute to the creation of an open standard for authenticatable media files alongside industry heavyweights such as Adobe, Twitter, Microsoft, and more.
- Develop custom photo and video file writing libraries to create files compliant with emerging standards for authenticatable photos and videos
- Collaborate with mobile platform security engineer to leverage best practices for secure code writing, secrets management, and cryptography
- Collaborate with the broader Truepic R&D team on a unified architectural approach to Controlled Capture technology
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience creating camera-related experiences in iOS
- Have deep, proven experience writing high-quality, security-oriented code in Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++
- Have deep, proven expertise with the AVFoundation Capture framework for photo and video capture and processing
- Have experience with Core Motion sensor data acquisition and processing
- Have experience with test-driven development
- Have superb communication skills and the ability to make compelling data-driven arguments for your architectural and implementation recommendations
- Have a proven ability to be self-driven in applying a methodical approach to exploring novel solutions to unexplored problem spaces
- Ideally, have developed and deployed computer vision algorithms for memory- and battery-constrained mobile applications
- Ideally, have experience optimizing and implementing machine learning models with Core ML
- Ideally, have experience with creating reusable software libraries using CocoaPods or Swift Package Manager
More about Truepic:
Truepic is a Series A backed startup led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. Our mission is to help organizations make better decisions through trustworthy photos. As the world’s leading photo & video verification company, we aim to empower our partners to accelerate business, foster a healthy civil society, and push back against visual disinformation.
Truepic was named one of Fast Company Magazine’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2019”. Our team is fully distributed - allowing us to hire the best of the best from across the country to join our mission. If you value autonomy & trust in a fast-paced, hard-working environment, you’ve come to the right place.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com