Data Scientist - Threat Research
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 9/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 400 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
- The candidate will play a crucial role in building the culture and the ethos of the team.
- Excellent communication and people skills – People are our most critical asset. Relationship building and stellar communication will take you far in our fast-moving environment
- Team player – This is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
- Self-starter – We trust our employees and have no desire to micro-manage. Seeking a proactive individual who will set and achieve high goals with the right balance of guidance
- Strong computer science fundamentals and a desire to work on large scale data pipelines.
- Solid experience in at least one programming language, preferably Python.
- Good understanding of software development principles and test driven development discipline.
- Knowledge in Microservices architecture / REST APIs and working with application logs to debug problems.
- Experience in utilizing CI / CD frameworks & Infrastructure tooling for deployment.
- 2+ years of experience working with a public cloud provider, preferably AWS.
- Experience with analytics engines like ELK / Splunk.
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to workflow management platforms like Airflow.
- Familiarity with building, shipping & deploying containers using Docker, Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of experience in batch data processing using Spark / Map Reduce / Kinesis or similar frameworks.
- Experience with Infrastructure tooling like Terraform, Jenkins etc.
- Having a DevSecOps mindset: security best practices & controls during every phase of the SDLC.
- Prior experience working in / building products or prototypes in the Threat Research & Detection space.
As a Data Engineer within the Threat Research Team, you will:
- Collaborate with Security Researchers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Product team to build & optimize large scale batch data pipelines
- Own the end-end data pipeline that directly impacts the overall detection efficacy on the Menlo Security Product. This pipeline will also power the security data lake that will be used by Security Researchers / Data Scientists on the Team for Threat hunting & detection, Efficacy Analysis and Dashboarding.
- Periodically research new tools / technologies that can enable us to build performant data pipelines & applications, and come up with strategies to reduce the overall cost to maintain the infrastructure.
- Participate in technical brainstorming sessions, brown bag discussions and hackathons to come up with novel ideas / projects.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Analytics APIs AWS Cloud Computer Science DevSecOps Docker ELK Kubernetes Microservices Python SDLC Splunk Terraform Threat Research
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs