Director, Cybersecurity and Compliance
Foster City, CA, United States
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Payment Products Development is at the heart of making Visa the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are a globally distributed division of over 1,500 team members within Visa’s Technology organization. We partner with the business to design, build and support the global payment processing systems that drive Visa. As the trusted experts behind VisaNet, the dynamic payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions, we drive innovation for today and the future.
This Director position plays a critical role leading a team of talented professionals and engages directly with divisional leadership, development, risk, and cyber security teams to ensure security and resiliency of our payments processing systems. The candidate would be a Technology leader with experience in management of Cyber Security, Compliance, Risk, Audit and Resiliency initiatives and operations.
Lead the team responsible for ensuring all security findings, system vulnerabilities, technical security requirements and exceptions for the Payment Products Development division are managed to the Required Remediation Date (RRD) or with an approved exception.
Ensure the Payment Products Development teams remain proactive and avoid any out of compliance situations.
Lead Audit, Risk, Compliance and Operational Resiliency efforts for the division. Communicate across all the levels of the organization, produce deliverables for the Senior Leadership Team.
Lead the team that serves as the primary liaison between Cybersecurity and Risk teams, Operations & Infrastructure, and our Payment Products Development teams and enable cross-team communications with our developers, Security Architects, PEN Testers, Security Assessors, Risk and Governance teams, etc.
Promote and support Cyber Security as an enabler of Payment Products Developments core business processes, educating the teams on Security findings, vulnerabilities, remediation, systems, processes, security programs, etc.
Prescribe security improvements for Payment Products Development environments to resolve or mitigate security findings or otherwise enhance security posture to achieve compliance with all security initiatives.
Respond to urgent Cyber Security, Audit, Risk, Compliance and Operational Resiliency issues at any time, and escalate them as required.
Lead innovation efforts to increase efficiencies and automate manual processes.
Build an extensive network of positive relationships throughout Visa and its Technology organizations to be leveraged to accomplish the broad requirements of this position.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 13+ years of relevant work experience
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Technical IT Security or Software Development experience is required
• Mature understanding of Cyber Security, Audit, Risk and Compliance “best practices” including principles, protocols and standards.
• Understanding of common Cyber Threat terminology, vulnerability, and penetration test methodologies are a plus.
• Strong knowledge of project/program management of large scale and complex implementations, their processes and tools, and a keen ability to multi-task.
• Strong ability to lead, coordinate, and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across organizational boundaries, in a fast-paced, change intensive environment.
• Proven ability to mentor/manage and motivate a team of experienced technologists and set clear priorities to achieve department goals.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills and thought leadership with the ability to quickly comprehend complex problems, draw logical conclusions, make sound decisions, develop solutions, and negotiate and respond accordingly to drive closure of complex challenges.
• Proven history of being a self-starter by proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying, and obtaining needed resources, and executing with little or no supervision.
• Articulate communicator, demonstrating mastery of both spoken and written English, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management.
• Strong technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 8+ years of IT experience in large, highly regulated organizations, fintech experience is a big plus.
• Advanced Project/Program Management, Information Security, or Auditing certifications a plus.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 169,200.00 to 220,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Audits Compliance Computer Science FinTech Governance PhD Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Equity Health care Insurance Salary bonus Wellness
More jobs like this
Remote, United States or … Remote, United States or Austin, TX HQ Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 73K - 136K * USD 73K+ *
VP of Security & Compliance (Remote)Agile Analytics Audits CISM CISSP Compliance Computer Science +8
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +6
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs