Director - Cybersecurity Engineering (Cloud Security)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cybersecurity has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
In this critical leadership role, you will take a lead role in the continued innovation of Visa’s Cybersecurity strategy and drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best-in-class security infrastructure. You will be responsible for leading a premier engineering team that develops, operates and supports a heterogeneous security infrastructure on a global scale. You will build and lead the Cybersecurity Engineering program and lead a team of high performing engineers and analysts. By working with other groups such as Client Engineering, Operations & Infrastructure, VSIRT and other Cybersecurity groups, you will help shape the strategy and implement all changes necessary to provide best in class Endpoint security solutions.
· Instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security engineering while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to and security risks in new and existing infrastructure are properly understood and mitigated.
· Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of leading-edge security technologies and utilizing a risk-based approach to properly test and introduce them into the overall environment.
· Be passionate in the pursuit of securing Visa’s data and critical assets.
· Recruit, develop, and retain a talented group of technology professionals for this core security engineering function.
· Collaborate with colleagues in technology departments as well as the business and product offices to establish effective, productive business relationships.
· Lead a team of security engineering professionals responsible for planning, design, implementation, attack mitigation and ongoing support of cloud security systems of high complexity to fulfil the business needs.
· Provide technical deep understanding of security systems at different layers. Such as cloud, IaaS, SaaS, networking, data security etc.
· Work with all interfacing teams to define and baseline the system uptime SLAs and KPIs from main security solutions.
· Work with other Cybersecurity teams to manage Cloud solutions design, Run and Operate effectively and efficiently. In doing so work closely with research team, undertake research of threat vectors, and provide mitigation strategies.
· Work with stakeholders, mentoring and providing technological guidance on Cloud and Network security.
· Manage staff, including selection, goal setting, annual reviews, and compensation planning and career development.
· Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
· Develop and nurture team of security engineers by motivating and mentoring and assist in retaining critical talent.
· Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
· Be flexible to work with global teams in managing and coordinating activities.
· Respond to and assist with due diligence and internal / external security audit requests.
· Support, implement and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and practices
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to security standards and processes.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 13+ years of relevant work experience
· Must have, at least 5+ years of experience and hands-on expertise on Multi cloud ( AWS, GCP, Azure) Solutions and extensive experience in deploying IaaC with Terra form.
· Must have 5+ years’ experience implementing security controls like Security Groups, DDOS, WAF, DLP in multi cloud environment
· 12 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
· Good to have, at least 5+ years in Cloud infrastructure deployment using IaaC method, automation, application migration to cloud
· At least 5+ years of leadership role, which includes managing security experts, mentoring, meeting business goals as leader.
· Experience delivering large scale, highly available cloud security solutions
· Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent engineers in fast paced work environment.
· Strong business and technical vision.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, and accountability.
· Ownership mindset and can-do attitude.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Relevant certification such as CISSP, SANS GPEN, SANS GXPN, SANS GIAC, SANS GREM, AWS expert level, GCP Expert level
· OSCP (Offensive Security Certified) preferred
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Automation AWS Azure CISSP Cloud Compliance DDoS Endpoint security GCP GIAC GPEN GREM GXPN IaaS KPIs Network security Offensive security OSCP PhD Privacy SaaS SANS SLAs Strategy
Perks/benefits: Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Startup environment
More jobs like this
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 65K - 121K * USD 65K+ *
Vice President - Global Sales (Cyber Security)Artificial Intelligence Cloud Encryption Finance Machine Learning Monitoring SaaS +1
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Pet friendly +2
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs