Home Based, United Kingdom
Full Time Senior-level / Expert Clearance required USD 56K - 104K *
NECSWSNEC Software Solutions builds software and services that deliver better outcomes, keeping people safer, healthier and better connected.
Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
The Security Architect plays a hands-on role in day-to-day cyber security defence operations in addition to undertaking design and implementation of security enforcing technical controls. The role will benefit from a technical background and involve specification of solutions that deliver the cyber security programme of work, adhering to industry and company architecture and design principles.
Communication and collaboration are paramount to this role, the Security Architect will be working closely with internal stakeholders on a continuous basis, understanding their needs, and designing solutions to security-oriented problems, either as new opportunities or ongoing technical refresh of existing solutions.
Experience delivering architectures to UK Government, Health and Policing as a Security Architect will be of high relevance for this post however, a good understanding and practical experience of security principles is more relevant. Support and training will be provided to successful candidates irrespective of experience developing an understanding of specific security concepts and technologies.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate recent experience in the design, implementation and operation of technologies and infrastructure. Experience creating and maintaining security assurance or security policy documentation would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will join the central architecture team that comprises enterprise, security, technical and solution architecture disciplines.
Responsibilities will include:
- produce security architecture designs meeting business requirements within the overarching architecture framework.
- support application development and product teams providing threat and risk assessment, advice and guidance to enhance the security and privacy of any application or service.
- support the bid and sales team providing security architecture expertise, producing security focused responses to questionnaires and tender document content.
- work closely with architects within the architecture practice and across the wider business collaborating on designs to ensure that are secure by default.
- work closely with the wider cyber security team to impact assess emerging vulnerabilities and CVEs to ensure that remediation and action taken is appropriate.
- present security architecture designs to the technical assurance board and support the technical assurance process based on specialist knowledge and experience.
- produce security assurance documentation for internal and customer services.
- support the implementation of security architecture designs, provide knowledge transfer to support teams and hands-on support where necessary.
- support the technology roadmap process undertaking and presenting investigations related to new and existing security focused technologies enabling controlled technology adoption.
- undertake continuous learning to maintain knowledge of the key security technologies in use by NEC, emerging technology trends, and industry standards to support business innovation through intelligent use of IT.
- Proven understanding of security and non-functional requirements and their impact on solution design.
- Proven experience producing architecture designs within a small to medium enterprise environment.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of end user, compute, networking, storage technologies, including desktop and server virtualisation technologies, network switches and firewalls, perimeter boundary protection, and SANs.
- Good hands-on design, implementation and operations experience working with security focused technologies across end user and server computing such as Anti-Virus and Malware, Encryption, Device control, Protective Monitoring.
- Demonstrates strong awareness of security ensuring that technical designs provide sufficient protection for workloads.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a variety of influencing styles to enable effective completion of tasks both individually and within groups.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects employing effective time management skills.
- Desire to undertake self-learning to ensure awareness of emerging technologies and potential security threats.
- Working knowledge of threat modelling methodologies to conduct threat-modelling against new applications and services.
- Experience assessing the risk profile of software solutions through formal risk assessment methodologies.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions deployed to a multi-tenanted community cloud platform.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions deployed to public cloud platforms.
- Experience designing and delivering solutions within the UK Government domain.
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape such as ISO 27001 and NCSC Cyber Essentials.
- Familiarity with ITIL service management principles & tools, and their use in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of secure development practices within a secure software development lifecycle.
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- We are an employer who cares, we have an invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
- All colleagues get free access to LinkedIn Learning. Over 15000 courses covering a huge breadth of subjects. Learn about what you like, when you like, how you like.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory security vetting and reference checks. As standard, all roles undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check. As a provider of services to the UK Government, where necessary NEC adheres to HMG’s personnel security and vetting policy requiring that minimum personnel security controls are checked as specified in the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). Some roles may require national security vetting clearance at the Security Check (SC) level and Non-Police Personnel Vetting (NPPV) Level 3.
Where applicable local (non-UK) security checks and vetting schemes will be used to provide sufficient personnel security controls.
This position requires you to either currently have national security vetting clearance at the Security Check (SC) level or higher, or the ability to gain Enhanced Security Clearance in addition to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: Clearance Cloud Compliance Encryption Firewalls ISO 27001 ITIL Malware Monitoring Privacy Risk assessment SANS Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Career development Flex hours Health care
More jobs like this
Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United … Hybrid - WFH/Manchester, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Security ArchitectCISSP Cloud Compliance DevOps E-commerce Governance ISO 27001 +7
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Fitness / gym Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs