Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer-Applied Crypto Ops/ProtectApp/ ProtectFile
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This role is an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions. Primary duties will be to provide operational support for Data Protection Technologies and Cybersecurity applications such as ProtectApp, ProtectFile, Vormetric Transparent Encryption Agent, Voltage Tokenization Secure Data Appliance, Hashicorp Vault, Venafi, OPSWAT MetaDefender, Symantec secure web gateway, McAfee Endpoint protection - Web gateway , to plan, execute and manage Data protection technologies server/client implementations and to ensure all security, quality and compliance requirements are met for supported applications. Tasks include monitor and address production issues related to data protection tools and security applications. Ability to train staff and users and promote data security awareness to ensure system security. Triage issues working with Vendors and Development and engineering resources. Respond to incident management system tickets. Support requires on call on a weekly rotating basis which includes weekends.
- Independently execute projects with minimal supervision.
- Train and guide junior staff as and when required.
- Analyze enrollment requirements with app teams and help them to implement supported Data Protection solutions.
- Work with Application teams, Vendor and Cybersecurity Architects to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to supported technologies.
- Design and develop dashboards and report for management.
- Create technical documentation for all new or modified processes.
- Certify new product Software versions/releases.
- Handle production on call on weekly rotation.
- Support QA, UAT and performance testing phases of development cycle.
- Ensure Security compliance is met.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans.
- Work with cross functional teams to implement projects.
- Understand and incorporate required security framework.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Information Systems or Similar field.
• 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD. in Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Information Systems/Similar field.
• 2-4 years of implementation/support experience in any one of the following technologies/tools: ProtectApp, ProtectFile, Vormetric Transparent Encryption Agent, Voltage Tokenization Secure Data Appliance, Hashicorp Vault, Venafi, OPSWAT MetaDefender, Symantec secure web gateway, McAfee Endpoint protection - Web gateway
• Working knowledge of following areas will be an added advantage.
1. Crypto background – Knowledge of Encryption, Hashing algorithms. Digital Certificate management, PKI and PKCS standards., Basic knowledge of data security standards - FFIEC, PCI-DSS
2. Application Development: CLI & Web Interface management. Basic API integration & Debug skills with C/C++ & .NET. Web services, Java knowledge, Familiar with Software Development life-cycle.
3. OS/Platform: Linux/Windows OS expertise, Kernel Crash research experience, Various File systems knowledge – NFS, SAN etc. RHEL packaging, RPMS and how they relate to Kernel, distributions, patching, major/minor versions. Knowledge of HP Non-Stop (tandem), Knowledge of MVS, Knowledge of z/TPF. Knowledge of Cloud environments.
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs C C++ Certificate management Cloud Compliance Computer Science Crypto Encryption Hashing Java Linux PhD PKI Windows
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs