Developer Compliance Analyst
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Full Time Senior-level / Expert USD 117K - 126K
DiscordDiscord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text. Talk, chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
Developer Compliance ensures the compliance of applications on Discord so that our users can enjoy offerings from third-party organizations and developers. The Developer Compliance Analyst will report to the Developer Compliance Lead, and will be an expert in the detection of abusive applications and content violations in the Discord Ecosystem. Discord is looking for a candidate with an understanding of the technical underpinnings of how APIs function, experience detecting and assessing abusive behavior and fraudulent practices, and confidence in understanding and explaining complex issues.
You will detect and reporting on Developer Policy violations, and recommending scaled approaches to ensuring that bots are not being developed or used in abusive or non-compliant ways. We're looking for someone who is collaborative and versatile in their approaches, has experience interpreting internal policies and regulatory mandates, and be able to explain technical complexity and policy considerations with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
Use technical expertise to review and evaluate bots and user generated content for compliance with our Community Guidelines and Developer Policy.
Develop internal tools for detecting and assessing violations in our platform ecosystem.
Write reports and analyze trends on emerging issues within the platform ecosystem, for a cross-functional audience.
Work with Customer Experience, Legal, Trust & Safety, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
Analyze new and potential features and propose plans to help reduce or remove bot abuse before it happens
What you should have
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education / experience
Knowledge using APIs or SDKs.
Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy.
Ability to excel in ambiguous situations and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
Capable at translating complicated findings or technical approaches in easy to understand ways.
Have a desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care about solving challenging problems to keep Discord a safe place for all users.
Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- Previous experience enforcing or interpreting developer policies.
Previous experience with fraud detection and other Trust and Safety work.
Cybersecurity or privacy certifications, including:
CIPP, CIPM or CIPT
CISSP, CISA, Security+
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $117,000 to $126,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-HY1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Perks/benefits: Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Flex vacation Health care Medical leave Parental leave Salary bonus
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs