Backend Engineer - Threat Engineering
UK - (Remote / London Office)
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer 💫
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in London, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Backend Engineering at Tessian
At Tessian, we're building the world’s first Human Layer Security platform. We’re making a difference by providing automatic, real-time protection against threats such as social engineering, human error, & data exfiltration, for people all around the world.
We're looking for backend engineers to build out our platform, drive our ability to scale, and grow with us as a company. You’ll stop criminal threats and prevent embarrassing mistakes for millions of people.
Our high-volume, low-latency backend systems power the whole product. From deploying data science models in production to integrating with our front end, you'll be involved in projects that span all aspects of the business. Our mission critical product and high volumes of data mean you will have many challenging problems to solve.
You’ll be surrounded by incredibly smart, talented and friendly colleagues. Engineers at Tessian love to learn from each other and pull together as a team to succeed. We all have a say in what we build and how we build it and you will be empowered - and encouraged - to have an opinion.
We know that we do our best work and have the most fun as a diverse team that represents our users and the world we live in. We work hard to develop our incredible Tessians and ensure that the Engineering team is a fantastic place to work for every gender, ethnicity, age, race, sexual orientation and educational background. We also seek diversity of experience:some of our engineers have been building distributed backend systems in Python for years, and some have learned the ins and outs of their tech stack and language on the job.
Read more about Engineering at Tessian:https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/1670277/Life%20as%20a%20Tessianeer.pdfSafely migrating millions of API requestsOur First Growth FrameworkWhy Diversity and Inclusion is important to us
We can hire this role to be office based or hybrid from our London office, or offer full remote working within the UK.
We cannot offer visa sponsorship/relocation or remote working outside of the UK for this position.
As a Tessian Backend Engineer for threat engineering you will;
- Design and build reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Work with a cross functional team of Data Science, Back & Frontend Engineers, Product Manager, Product Designer
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Learn to build with security in mind
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
Our backend tech stack includes
- Python 3 Required
- Environments built around Docker and AWS
- High volume PostgreSQL databases
- Concourse for CI/CD
- Terraform built environments
We'd love to meet someone who
- Worked in the past on a fast moving team with focus on delivering value
- Is ready to go beyond engineering responsibilities to move team forward
- Considers product metric and quality upfront
- Delivers scalable solution as a default
- Previous experience with event driven, distributed systems
- Some exposure to threat intelligence or security is preferable
Why we think you'll love it here 😍....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
• 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!) • Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program • Up to 60 days of working abroad, limited to 30 days per trip a year• Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you• Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!) • Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5% • We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life • High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on, plus Tessian ANC headphones • If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs • Fertility support via Carrot covering adoption, surrogacy support, fertility treatments, support during pregnancy and more
• Elite membership of the Tessian House System... • Every other Wednesday we get together to share team updates and drinks • Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter • Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
,,,and here are another 200 reasons!
Equality & diversity ⚖️
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian’s life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or résumés from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey 💰
Tags: APIs AWS C CI/CD CrowdStrike Docker Machine Learning PostgreSQL Privacy Python Strategy Terraform Threat intelligence
Perks/benefits: Career development Equity Fertility benefits Flex hours Health care Relocation support Startup environment Travel
More jobs like this
London, England, United Kingdom … London, England, United Kingdom - Remote Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 56K - 104K * USD 56K+ *
Senior Cloud Engineer - DevOps / DevSecOps (AWS & AZURE)Agile Ansible Application security Automation AWS Azure CI/CD +18
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec/Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Security Architect jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cyber Hunt SME jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ethical hacker / Pentester H/F jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Manager Pentest H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Director of Information Security jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Terraform-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs