Senior Security Engineer
Austin, TX; Bothell, WA; Redwood City, CA; San Diego, CA
About The Team
The Evernote security team is looking for a senior security engineer to lead our incident response and detection programs. You’ll be responsible for designing and deploying modern technologies to improve our ability to detect threats. Your role will be a mix of engineering, operations, and analyst work and you will report directly to Evernote's head of security.
You’ll be joining a team of senior security professionals that are passionate about providing practical security guidance across the entire company, including our production environment. Our customers trust us with billions of their notes, projects, and ideas and we are here to protect them.
- Evaluating and deploying new detective capabilities
- Running our existing intrusion detection systems
- Monitoring and responding to security alerts
- Handling security incidents
- Monitoring vendor disclosures of new security vulnerabilities
- Scanning our systems for vulnerabilities
- Have at least five years of experience in a security-related field
- Experience handling security incidents
- Experience in an operations environment. Experience with GCP is a big plus.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with a variety of open source network monitoring tools
- Experience analyzing network traffic
- In-depth knowledge of multiple operating systems, including Windows, MacOS, and Linux
- Understanding of microservices architecture and commonly employed technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.